Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Please help with ABS and traction light flashing NO CODE STORED

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 04:07 PM
Dodgenightmare
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help with ABS and traction light flashing NO CODE STORED

Hi,
I have a problem on my Dodge Grand Caravan 2012. The ABS light and Traction Light are flashing for 2-5min every time and not staying on. I cannot clearly diagnose the problem and fix it. No codes are stored in the system. The lights just keep on blinking every half hour, sometimes less, and then go off while I am driving. This has been going on over a year. I have good breaks and new rotors. Eveyrthing else works well.
It makes me so frustrated that codes are not stored and dealership I went to has no idea what to do, and charges could be anywhere from $200 - to infinity for just investigation. I can't agree to this policy.
I am a handy guy and can fix stuff. I change oil, brakes and rotors on a car no problem.

Please help with advice what is the best route to fix this problem and if anyone ever came across the same situation I would be forever greatful for your input.
Please view a small video I attached.

Thank you!!

Attached Files
File Type: wmv
Untitled.wmv (9.37 MB, 80 views)

Last edited by Dodgenightmare; 09-10-2022 at 04:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
R'sVan (08-03-2023)
Old 09-12-2022, 11:29 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Check the sensor and make should they are not loose.. Also when checking codes. Check it with engine still running because by shutting it off it may clear the codes. I would need to know the active codes.

Old 08-03-2023, 05:39 PM
R'sVan

Nice description of the problem an the video describes it even better.
I have the exact same problem. Were you able to resolve the issue?
Thank you.

Old 08-12-2023, 06:29 PM
R'sVan
Default Abs and stability control lights sporadic flickering

Originally Posted by Dodgenightmare
Hi,
I have a problem on my Dodge Grand Caravan 2012. The ABS light and Traction Light are flashing for 2-5min every time and not staying on. I cannot clearly diagnose the problem and fix it. No codes are stored in the system. The lights just keep on blinking every half hour, sometimes less, and then go off while I am driving. This has been going on over a year. I have good breaks and new rotors. Eveyrthing else works well.
It makes me so frustrated that codes are not stored and dealership I went to has no idea what to do, and charges could be anywhere from $200 - to infinity for just investigation. I can't agree to this policy.
I am a handy guy and can fix stuff. I change oil, brakes and rotors on a car no problem.

Please help with advice what is the best route to fix this problem and if anyone ever came across the same situation I would be forever greatful for your input.
Please view a small video I attached.

Thank you!!

Ive checked and cleaned all wheel speed sensor connectors. Remove abs control module cleaned internal contacts and main external connector socket.
checked dynamic input of speed signal using snapon code reader. All live readings were consistent even while the problem was occurring. No codes stored.
The problem only occurs when driving over 80-90 kmph and I seen most often on highway driving. It happens almost always on the start of a highway drive an dissapears sometimes for a while.
The problem is exactly as shown in dodgenightmare's video and description. I was hoping if anyone had similar issues and how they were able to resolve.
Thank you.

The following users liked this post:
marzzz (10-16-2023)
Old 07-19-2024, 03:20 PM
Vdominato
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 Dodge Grand Carvan; with ABS and traction light flashing NO CODE STORED.. I too have the same issue. Has anyone resolved this issue before i start taking things apart. Victor Dominato vdominato@hotmail.com

Old 07-23-2024, 01:50 AM
R'sVan
Default Replaced sensor

Originally Posted by Vdominato
2012 Dodge Grand Carvan; with ABS and traction light flashing NO CODE STORED.. I too have the same issue. Has anyone resolved this issue before i start taking things apart. Victor Dominato vdominato@hotmail.com

it turned out that the left rear wheel speed sensor was faulty. I can’t remember the name of the scan tool I finally used but it was an advanced scanner that was able to read the code properly.
Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Please help with ABS and traction light flashing NO CODE STORED