Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

What is wrong with my 1995 Plymouth Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2023, 09:27 PM
meesmotors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is wrong with my 1995 Plymouth Voyager

The vehicle was runnable when I started, but now it is not. About a year ago I changed the cam position sensor but while I was changing the sensor it broke in the transmission which led to dropping down the transmission. When I put the transmission back on the vehicle was in an non driveable state. I changed the cam crank oxygen temp map sensor. I tested the throttle senor and erg. I tested the spark with high energy test and the spark seemed to be good. I replaced the ecu with a used one and the condition was the same. I replaced the timing chain. I looked at most all the wires in the wiring harness to check for shorts. I checked the fuel pressure. I checked to see if all injectors were firing. I also did some other electrical test but I did not know if I did them right. I do believe it is an electrical problem dealing with ether fuel injector timing spark timing or intermittent weak spark. When I dropped down the transmission I took off the flywheel to check to see if it was bent. Because the transmission was hanging from the flywheel. I did not know if it could be the fly wheel put on wrong or something in the tranny being bent causing the issue. In the video I keep turning the key and it keeps stalling out. It also has a vacuum leak but it runs better that way.

Attached Files
File Type: avi
Untitled.avi (4.68 MB, 6 views)

Last edited by meesmotors; 02-06-2023 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-06-2023, 09:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,387 Likes on 3,127 Posts

Well, you are getting spark, and some fuel at least. Is the check engine lite on?

Moving this to the Caravan section for ya. I think that is the dodge equivalent.

Old 02-06-2023, 10:02 PM
meesmotors
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do believe the check engine light is on.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with my 1995 Plymouth Voyager