Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Caravan Do It Yourself information

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 02:35 PM
surfit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe it is located between the fuel tank and the frame. You must drop the
fuel tank to access it (thanks, Chrysler). The good news is you only need to replace
it every 65K miles. I let the dealer replace mine as I didn't want to deal with dropping the fuel tank. It wasn't too expensive.

Old 03-04-2009, 06:01 PM
sleeplesman

i would start with checking for a spark at the plugs. I had issues with the plug that provided power to the coil pack on the top of my engine. a good shot of wd40 and reseated the plug 6 times. never acted up again.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:23 PM
rhino24

i have a 2002 dodge caravan with codes saying that tps is bad ,ect bad ,a/c compressor bad , and inj 4 driver bad i think that it is the pcm is shorted any thoughts?

Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 AM
Nofrag
Champion

At chrysler HQ they have a panel with a bunch of buttons, they push one of those buttons and a certain problem pops up in a certain percentage of a certain model line. Last week they pushed the caravan no start button, this week they pushed the caravan TPS/ECT/injector#4/ac button. lol j/k

It is funny though how so many people will get the same problem at the same time.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:27 PM
shadowzkillerz
Default replacement

I have a 1990 dodge caravan, I just replaced the oil pump, oil pan gasket, valve cover gasket, and ofcourse oil and filter, but I went to start my car, and it just cranks. I replaced the sparks and wires thinking that might be it, but now i think it has something to do with asd relay. Is there a fuse or do i just replace the relay. It is a 1990 caravan 2.5L non-turbo manual trans.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:40 PM
mrusa4440

PLEASE help!! I have a 2007 grand caravan (the wife's kid hauler) and I need to replace the rear brake pads. I just finished the front brakes (rotors, pads) that was like any other disk brake job, but my problem is this.. how do you remove the #%$@%#* calipers??? set up not like the front. do you remove the caliper guide pins?? and if so what do you use?? all my allen wrenches don't fit, is it a special tool?? I'm a machanic by trade ( airplanes not cars ) and this problem is killing me. I tried to buy the book but the van is too new and nobody makes one yet. THANKS in advance for anyone that can help.

OK I fixed it. Gezzz. Just in case anybody else wants to know, you use a 7MM allen wrench to remove the guide pins. As it turns out my shoe box full of allens had every metric size EXECPT 7MM. go figure.

Last edited by mrusa4440; 10-03-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: fixed it!
Old 09-23-2009, 07:05 AM
greaper_ca

Hey Nofrag,

Did you actually have this problem? I currently have it and I'm starting to think that it's my PCM.

Do you know if there is anyway to relearn the PCM without going to the dealer. I'm thinking of going to the wreckers and getting a used PCM.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Singh

I just bought new dodge caravan 2009 my gig REN after i bought it just week after i installed u connect through same dealer mopar product. I can make & receive calls through u connect but not able too download my phone book to my gig. And some of ph. no not reconized to u connect even i repeated so many times with normal voice
Any my touch screen stop working. I don't know what happened.

Old 10-08-2009, 02:29 PM
2002ACRNEON
Rookie

Originally Posted by foxybutterflys78
where is the EGR valve on a 2005 dodge caravan?
The EGR valve on the V-6's is on top of the front cylinder head on the side with the serpentine belt. There is a metal tube/pipe that goes up and into the top of the intake manifold.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:56 PM
alexfbi77
Thumbs up

It's under hood behind air intake. That part connected from air intake to exaust pipe, by pipe about 1/2 or 3/4 of inch, and on back side of it its a plug. on some models you can see from the top EGR unit, and it's cost 87 bucks. On 2000 caravans, EGr's just behind Air Mass flow unit, it's kinde of hurd to reach the plug but you can do that.

Quick Reply: Caravan Do It Yourself information