Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Seeking Assistance With Clicking Noise- 2013 Dodge Challenger Sxt

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 01:26 PM
synoptic12
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2013 Dodge Challenger Sxt Plus (Clicking Noise- Documented)

Attached Files
File Type: mp3
Dodge Clicking Noise.mp3 (491.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-23-2018, 07:04 AM
johnnyplang
Default Thanks for the info

Originally Posted by synoptic12
* This is a audio clip of the actual noise.

Edited: Video Link http://sendvid.com/5hma3u3f

The problem I was experiencing at the outset has dissipated, never occurring again. It would stand to reason that a driveshaft or differential gears could be part of the problem. We worked on some differentials, transmissions, and driveshafts years ago. If it were back then, I would guess spider gears, although I do not know much of the newer vehicles. Again, the torque converter has been known to clunk when moving the gear selector (Oldsmobile) > 'Normal'. I never had anything checked while under warranty for the problem never happened again as stated above.

How a service department could misdiagnose "broken teeth" is beyond me. I would have immediately asked to see the gear and which gear. My service department (Tasca) would never allow anything like that to happen without notifying me. It does not make sense. The issue you make mention of could possibly be related to the transmission as well; valve body. This is somewhat unlikely as the 5 speed is a fairly good transmission, only experiencing an 'O' ring issue; nothing other than that I'm aware of. Please keep me informed as I am most interested.
* I've never heard of a design problem relating to the aforesaid.
Appreciate it.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:06 AM
teerninja
Default Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help..

Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 AM
ZEN357
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would get the opinion of a reputable Transmission shop who only deals with Transmissions and rear ends and see what they have to say about it.

Quick Reply: Seeking Assistance With Clicking Noise- 2013 Dodge Challenger Sxt