Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

New Challenger?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 10:20 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept:

haha..oddly, the MF guys beat us to this one...i saw it there also. i promise some pictures in a few months...

and depending on the price, and release date, ill promise you guys timeslips of one when the time comes...

Old 11-21-2005, 11:00 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 Dodge Challenger Concept:

The guys on some gm forums are loving it too. Damn it's nice....

Wonder what the times on the SRT-8 vesrion will be....

What are your predictions?

Old 11-21-2005, 11:14 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: New Challenger?

Looks like I'm the only guy who doesn't like it. The car itself is too oldschool. Still though, its track times should be sweet!

-Matt-

Old 11-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Dartman69
Veteran

Hmmm...I dunno if I like the Challenger better than the Charger at this point. The lines on the Challenger seem sort of "forced"...that's the best way I can put it. It reminds me of some of the old vintage print adds that Mopar released for the Roadrunner and 'Cuda...you know, the ones with the crazy, exaggerated cartoon cars. It definately looks like they took the original and squished it to fit on this new platform.

I'm not going to make a final judgement until I see the new pics being released for Tuesday though...until then, I will be anxiously awaiting the stroke of midnight to see them...lol

All in all though, I think this is going to be one kick-*** car! (I hope I don't regret buying my SRT-8 Charger now! lol)

Old 11-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Dartman69
Veteran

Man, if they throw the 392 Hemi in that car, we'd have a real Z06 killer on our hands...

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

If the 392 can do this for a Charger, just imagine what it could do on the Challenger!

With a 6 speed tranny and probably 400 or so lbs. shaved off the car, it would be one insane ride (heck, even with the "regular" 6.1 Hemi it would be).

Old 11-21-2005, 11:54 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Yanno, I started a thread asking everybody if they would go for a 2dr Charger of the current styling, and everyone was pretty much its too bulky too heavy I want a 4dr car blah blah blah

Well this looks very much like a chopped Charger with some front and rear changes. Still the car looks very reminiscent of the original, and I think this could be great for Dodge. It really needed some help with the car scene right now. Not to mention, look at the current model Mustang, it really boosted Ford's sales in a hurry. Imagine a new Challenger/Cuda style convertible model? Damn, that makes me want one!

Honestly, this is still 2 yrs from production, not to mention its a concept. It could get better with time and it could also be a giant tease....we'll hopefully see soon. I think this is a great idea for Dodge, and I think DCX would be a fool NOT to build it.

One last thing, I think if they make this car, it has to be under 3500lbs for it to be even considered as a worthwhile car. Otherwise, you're just better off gettin the frikkin Charger

Fully loaded SRT-8 Charger weighs like 4150....and the Mustang GT is like 3500.....so that's what I make my basis on...

Old 11-22-2005, 12:36 AM
dubvipers
Record Breaker

sorry but i reject it

Old 11-22-2005, 01:06 AM
OG MagDak
Professional

i definatly agree about the weight problem. they have to shed at least 500 pounds, because they would be comparable with a stang in that category, but with a much more capable engine!!! IF this is the real deal i would be worried as far as weight goes, because the specs say it is only 4 inches shorter (wheelbase) than the charger so i dont know how much weight they could have possibly dropped, but im not going to lie- im excited as heck. dodge NEEDs this car. I need this car.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:01 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I just went to Allpar.com....its the same pictures only blown up....doesnt really show anything new...

On a side note though, in that very article......it states that the new Camaro will debut at the same show as this Challenger!!!!!! How damn lucky can I get!!!!!!!!!

I'm a diehard Camaro fan.....the 67-70's model, and a few of the newer ones, mostly the limited edition ones. I cant wait to see what they do.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:46 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Looks like I'm the only guy who doesn't like it. The car itself is too oldschool. Still though, its track times should be sweet!
No there is me also. I mean the thing is a coupe and it looks light and fast. But WAY to old school. It needs a little bit of today. That thing is all of yesterday when it comes to looks. Let's hope the actual car looks a little "newer".

Quick Reply: New Challenger?