Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

ETC errors

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 02:40 PM
james_bynum
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ETC errors

09 dodge challenger srt8 stock, I removed the cam and lifters and replaced with new cam and lifters. put everything back together and I got a camshaft position error
( P0433 I think ) . I made sure 100% that timimg chain was aligned with cam and crank. Then I replaced the connector and that went away
Then I got the lightning bolt on the dash ETC error no MIL ( engine light ). I replaced the throttle body connector and it did not fix it. So I replaced the throttle body and still i get the light AND it goes into limp mode.
when I first get in the car I can engage the supplimental EVIC menu and monitor pedal position. 0 to 100% no issues. But when I get the lightning bolt the pedal position is not correct really slow to change and never goes higher than say 30%.
I am not sure if the ETC light on dash is the problem or the symptom. I read that a bad MAP sensor can cause ETC issues so I am trying that and the air temp sensor next.

Old 06-18-2023, 10:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,195 Likes on 2,948 Posts

That's throttle-by-wire, is it not? How is the pedal position sensor itself? Have you replace that yet?

Quick Reply: ETC errors