Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

From a Chevy guy....

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 06:10 PM
poplifedc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default From a Chevy guy....

Looks like the Diamler-Chrysler group is about to hit another one out the park. The Challenger is now at the the top of my list.

Even a guy at work who just bought a Subaru WRX said this will be his next car.

On the Corvette forum, we are wondering why GM still is sitting on its hands even after the hit with the '05 Mustang. They had a chance with the GTO and blew it big time. Hope they learn that its not just the HP that makes a car popular, its the style too.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:19 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Default RE: From a Chevy guy....

GM wants to stick to the huge SUV's that get -5 miles per gallon and can carry 10,000 people. That's their problem... bad CEOs with old habits. They made an attept though with the Cobalt so I do give them some credit, however it was rated as one of the most unreliable cars.

-Matt-

Old 01-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: poplifedc
They had a chance with the GTO and blew it big time. Hope they learn that its not just the HP that makes a car popular, its the style too.
TOTALLY AGREED!!

Good to hear a Chevy Guy is liking the Dodges... do you only drive Chevy's?

~Amanda

Old 01-09-2006, 06:51 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I agree they blew it big time with the GTO initially, however it's no different then DCX's bomb of the Charger. There are people that like both cars, but there just isnt the great reception that everyone was expecting. Both have great performance, but the looks are what really is killing everyone from buying one.

The new Camaro looks like it could hit one out of the park....and there's talk already of a 500hp version.... I know for sure the LS2 400hp version V8 will see production in this car. It would be a great competitor of the Challenger.

I'm torn on the Challenger/Camaro....as both are what I was hoping they would be.....that said...it all boils down to two things...cost...and the actual production model that hits the streets. I hope they tone down the front nose of the Camaro...and maybe give the rear end of the Challenger a bit more aggressive stance...and lighten the weight some...

Old 01-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Mopar Performance
Record Breaker

im glad you like the challenger and agree 100% with you on the GTO

Old 01-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great to hear this from a Chevy guy. This Challenger is taking the world by storm so far. And it hasn't even been OFFICIALLY debuted.

Derrick - Challenger>Camaro... you know it and we all know it, lol

Old 01-11-2006, 06:39 AM
hemi 265
Professional

Yes as you know your GTO is our Holden Monaro and i'm stuck with those crap boxes here in Australia, while we dont get Chargers, Magnums and of course we wont see the Challenger when it's in production.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:58 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Derrick - Challenger>Camaro... you know it and we all know it, lol
I disagree...and you know I will.... I like the interior on the Challenger, but I'm a Camaro guy at heart. Too bad the Camaro isnt a MOPAR product yanno?

I honestly think these two could wipe the market off the ****stang in an instant....

I also dont think the Challenger is better or worse then the Camaro.....I honestly think they are both pretty even when decked out with similar equipment. I'd buy both if I could afford it! [8D]

Old 01-11-2006, 01:46 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that the new Camaro is the least faithful to it's roots style wise, but that may change before production. The Mustang and Challenger are far more like their roots.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:29 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I agree they blew it big time with the GTO initially, however it's no different then DCX's bomb of the Charger. There are people that like both cars, but there just isnt the great reception that everyone was expecting. Both have great performance, but the looks are what really is killing everyone from buying one.

The new Camaro looks like it could hit one out of the park....and there's talk already of a 500hp version.... I know for sure the LS2 400hp version V8 will see production in this car. It would be a great competitor of the Challenger.

I'm torn on the Challenger/Camaro....as both are what I was hoping they would be.....that said...it all boils down to two things...cost...and the actual production model that hits the streets. I hope they tone down the front nose of the Camaro...and maybe give the rear end of the Challenger a bit more aggressive stance...and lighten the weight some...

speak for yourself. the charger is selling just fine. it sold 7,137 in December which is approximately 2.5 times more then the magnum. the charger keeps selling more month after month.

Quick Reply: From a Chevy guy....