Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Challenger or Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 12:53 PM
larvokyte
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger or Charger?

After i finally came down from cloud 9 over the new Challenger it started to dawn on me, what if Dodge restyled the Charger back to a 2dr? I for one love the new Challenger it's exactly the way i would want it.I hope they come in dark green like my '69 340 Swinger(R.I.P.).But Ihave to admit a 2dr Charger could sway me that way if it's as clean as the Challenger.Just food for thought while remodel my garage to make it worthy of my new SRT-8 Challenger or Charger.
Anybody thinking the same?

Old 01-29-2006, 01:43 PM
bjgolf
Default RE: Challenger or Charger?

I am, I just really want a new dodge car...besides the srt-4, that is a standard. I really don't like all that power on an automatic. That would be nice to make a charger 2-door, but I would still get a challenger!!

Old 01-29-2006, 02:13 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Challenger, the Charger is a little big for my taste.

Old 01-29-2006, 05:38 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i don't think they will make a charger 2 door. so the real question is production charger vs concept challenger. i would go with charger for 2 reasons. one automatic, and 2 it has 4 doors.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:49 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

i don't think they will make a charger 2 door. so the real question is production charger vs concept challenger. i would go with charger for 2 reasons. one automatic, and 2 it has 4 doors.
I'm like the opposite, although i like the Charger...but...i would choose the Challenger for two reasons. One its a 6 speed, and two it has 2 doors.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:14 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if they make the challenger, they wouldnt even consider making the charger, not that i think that theyre considering a charger coupe right now. the challenger will make everyone happy that wanted a new pony car from dodge, and the charger is selling well, and makes for a great performacne sedan...no point in altering that, with the challenger " on the way"...

Old 01-29-2006, 11:51 PM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

I agree, I don't think they will consider a 2 door Charger - they will use the Challenger (assuming its built) to fill that niche in their product line. I do however believe, that they may take a more retro brush to the Charger in '09 based upon the significant reaction they've had to the Challenger.

That could be cool, maybe some hideaway headlights, perhaps even a manual shift will show up, but I think the 4 doors are a given.

Old 01-29-2006, 11:55 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a tough one, but I'm going with the Challenger. I like both a lot, but I like the front of the Challenger a little better, and I prefer manuals. I like the Charger, but I always wanted a MOPAR to compete against the F-cars and Mustang and even if the Charger was a two-door, it is not the true competitor of the Mustang. The Charger's competition was the Chevelle, GTO, and Toronto, not the Mustang. Between the 60s and 70s models, then I would go for the Charger.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Jims04srt
Captain

Challenger. 2 reasons. 1) STICK 2) awesome looks

And this is from someone who is 23!

Old 01-30-2006, 10:15 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even with only 2 doors the new Charger would still look like two completely different cars spliced together, the front half looks like it's from a completely different car where it looks great and the rest looks like crap. The new Challenger is far, far better than the Charger could ever hope to be. The only chance the Charger would have is if they retro-styled it the right way like they did the Challenger.

Quick Reply: Challenger or Charger?