Notices
Dodge Challenger Forum for the 2008+ Challenger. This includes the SE, SXT, R/T, Shaker, Scat Pack, SRT and Hellcat models.

Will they be available?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Will they be available?

Some one at another forum said they, called all the Dodge dealers in his area (4) "to put out some feelers about the new Challenger". He said he "talked to the sales manager at each dealer". Asked if they had any kind of waiting list going yet for people who are interested in purchasing the Challenger. Said, "They all generally stated that if the new Challenger ends up being a limited production car that there will be none availiable for sale the first year". They said that "each dealer would only recieve a few cars each and they were all spoken for by the dealers dept. managers and/or dealer employees". He said that this was the general reply from all dealers.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-28-2006, 07:17 PM
cjwr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will they be available?

crap would be my first one.

Old 02-28-2006, 08:09 PM
300ZXSRT4
Captain

That is similar to what they first claimed about the Charger. They are just trying to build up hype. Look how hard the Charger is to get now In my opinion this car does not need any hype built up for it. This is a mean looking car. It is so mean looking I would be nervous to race this car. The black one I saw at a car show looks like something the grim reaper would drive around to collect souls. I would definitely be interested in one.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:00 PM
deranged
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just sounds like the rumor mill is pretty busy to me. DCX hasn't even officially announced it will be produced yet so how does anyone know for sure what the production numbers will be? When they officially announce it that's when I'll get on the waiting list. Until that day comes I'll just wait patiently![:@]

Old 02-28-2006, 10:43 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

They seem to be trying to build a price gouge and a high demand like the GT. The Challenger will be a great car, but I doubt it will be like that unless they really advertise immensely and really do offer the 6.1L under 35k..

-Matt-

Old 02-28-2006, 11:27 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 300ZXSRT4

That is similar to what they first claimed about the Charger. They are just trying to build up hype. Look how hard the Charger is to get now In my opinion this car does not need any hype built up for it. This is a mean looking car. It is so mean looking I would be nervous to race this car. The black one I saw at a car show looks like something the grim reaper would drive around to collect souls. I would definitely be interested in one.
Your right. I also remember at first, the Magnum and 300 series was only going to offer the 5.7L HEMI and possibly a supercharged 5.7L that produced 430 hp and 480 ft-lbs of torque, one year before it was produced. Now look at the line-up, it is very diversified.

It might just be that they only announced this model because this model is the only one that has been decided on. Try to think optimistic.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:00 PM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For them to produce any less than 100,000 the first year with multipule drivetrain layouts at affordable and competitive prices would be stupid and moronic, especially with the already existing Mustang and upcoming Camaro which are/will be very affordable.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 AM
dodgebrothers
Veteran

I don't buy it. True the first few month may be tough and premiums by dealers will no doubt be added. But as stated earlier this is not the Shelby GT or the GT. And even the Shelby is saying 6K-8k units first year. The manufacturers also saw what happened to the the new Thunderbird. Remember all the hype, lists, premiums and the 2nd year it fell off, now its dead. It should be enjoying the 50th anniversary...I think they be careful, build them to sell, lots!

Old 03-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Dudedatsmycar

Yeah they want to see how high they can get the price up. With something as big as the Challenger comeback this car will run for a few years. It will outsell all sportscars the year it comes out. Even the ****stang... I mean pony... doh! Mustang sorry lol