Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Question on ESP

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Midnight Blue
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question on ESP

There seems to be something to the Superchips mod that tones down the ESP. I had backed mine out for service and the sales guy and I went out to play after the work was done. I tossed the car around a corner and the squiggly light went out and ESP kicked in. A few days later, I had reinstalled the SC and did the same thing. It had been raining and the car started to go sideways. The squiggly light stayed on and I was able to do a nice power drift around the corner without HAL sticking his nose my business. Both times the car had been started by turning the key to on and holding the ESP button down until the chime before actually starting the car

Redbeard

Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 AM
chuckchef

heres the free easy no esp/ it only works on builds after jan 2006. while going at least 10-15mph, turn your ignition to start(no grinding or damage to starter, dont worry!) for about 5 seconds until you hear a chime, and mr sqiggly(esp) and bas light up. Now esp is COMPLETELY disabled,abs still works... smoke your tires til they melkt off the rims!!

Chuckchef

Old 08-26-2007, 12:49 AM
C35L
Professional

How do you enable the ESP if you want it back on?

Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 AM
byebyeblue
Rookie

You shut the car off then start her back up and all is back to normal. Chances are this trips a diagnostic code, this process didn't work for me due to an early build date but others swear by it.

Old 08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
mnboy
Captain

Byebyeblue,
I was reading this and saw you asked me a question/comment in MAY and I didn't respond -- I apologize!!!

Actually, in fact, I could do a tire burning roll even before Superchips. I would just stop on an open road, power brake slightly, let off the brake and give her about 1/2 throttle (plus or minus while doing it) and she'll start rolling them -- the SC didn't seem to change that part of my ability to do that.

I could do this with the Jet 2 chip also.

MN

Old 08-27-2007, 07:03 PM
byebyeblue
Rookie

No problem mnboy, maybe there is a better way to do this. As a kid back in the early 80's I had a 1972 Gran torino sport fastback with a 429 and it did killer smoke shows by just doing a brake stand and over powering the brakes with throttle and smoked the L60 tires off the car. Trying the same method with this car didn't yield the same results. I don't spend much time frying my tires that's not entirely why I bought the car (middle age crisis was I think) but I was expecting more wheel spin than I got. I figured either the betterrear brakes or mr squiggles/hal had something to do with this. I'll try what you said aboveusing less braking and see if this makes things a little more exciting. Thanks

Old 08-28-2007, 06:46 PM
mnboy
Captain

Blue,
Any luck? I have the Daytona Charger and the stock,hard, 300AA rated tires from Michelin. They are pretty easy to roll, but I may have told you wrong. Try this:
Stop somewherewith the tranny in D and make sure Mr. Squiggly is ON. Lightly brake, and give her enoughthrottle to start therear tiresspinning, then let off the brake and at the same time throttle it up and you should be able to sit and roll 'em.

My son drives his modded AWD STi and he couldn't believe how much tire spin I have... he thinks I should go to a softer tire. But, like you said, I didn't buy the car fortire burning either, it's just somethingto do and Idon't roll 'em too hard, just a little now and then, especially when someone asks, "can you squeel 'em?..."
Well... [sm=gears.gif]

MN

Quick Reply: Question on ESP