Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

May be getting a charger srt-8

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 08:23 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: May be getting a charger srt-8

I noticed there is a gas guzzler tax. What is that? And my son will be insured on my truck as his primary driver. He will mainly drive that, and the charger sometimes.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:10 PM
Stroker
Veteran

Gas guzler tax is just that any vehicle that doesn't meet the EPA's fuel milage standard is subject to an extra tax. They charge the extra tax because we all know money will make the environment sooo much better. It doesn't matter what your son is insured on your rtates will go up just because he is there, even if he isn't insured on any vehicle. If you are stuck on getting an SRT I would highly sugest the SRT-10.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I dont want an srt-10. Sure it would be nice to have, but I really like the charger. I have a truck, and dont really need another one. Wouldnt a srt-10 be worse for insurance? I know that dodge trucks are much more higher to insure here than cars. At first I thought the guzzler tax was a joke, until I noticed that it was 2,200! Wemight be goingto look at chargers and trucks tomorrow, so I will give you an update. I like how the chargers have the rear entertainment system that comes out of the center.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Stroker
Veteran

Well as far as the entertainment system or nav system: I don't have pesonal experiance but from what I have heard you would be better off with the aftermarket then the factory stuff plus it would be much cheaper. Actually I do have some personal experiance with the nav system in the SRT-8 (I think thats the same as all mopar nav systems) was junk. It didn't have half the streets we were on and they weren't new streets. Don't get me wrong I'm not nocking the Mopar stuff but I sure wouldn't turn down the right car if it didn't have that stuff. You can always make the stealership install an aftermarket system for less then the factory one.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:58 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I never thought about that. But most of the chargers I have seen already have it in there. I have a laptop for GPS so I guess the precissness isnt really that big of a deal, and If we go on long trips we will most likely take my truck.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:50 AM
mnboy
Captain

Why not just get NAV for your cell phone instead? Verizon has it... No need for expensive outdated toys...
Just a thought.

MN

Old 07-08-2007, 03:20 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I have that too. I didnt really want to NAV for the nav, just the screen, lol. I think it makes it look better, and it has the factory look that it is hard to get with the aftermarket stuff in dodges. Do the chargers have the same radio as the rams? Like with the two round **** on both sides that create a weird bezel?

Old 07-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Stroker
Veteran

I don't know but it's easy to fix. I have an aftermarket in my Ram if you want pics.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:05 AM
C35L
Professional

I've only seen one SRT-8 on the road around where I live and within a 75 mile radius and I see at least 5 Chargers a day. I mostly see the Daytona's more and it's a toss-up between a R/T and a SXT.

I say go with the Daytona R/T for my opinion even if I had the money for an SRT-8 I would still go for an R/T. I would just use the extra moneyto make somemodifications to the R/T.

I wish my dad would of bought my Charger your son is lucky.

Old 07-09-2007, 02:10 AM
C35L
Professional

ORIGINAL: mnboy

Why not just get NAV for your cell phone instead? Verizon has it... No need for expensive outdated toys...
Just a thought.

MN
You should know that your not suppose to use your cellphone when your driving LOL

Quick Reply: May be getting a charger srt-8