Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

ram 1500 faster then charger rt?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:52 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ram 1500 faster then charger rt?

heres one...

[IMG]local://upfiles/45469/04DE66B12859478B859328F35CDC97AB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2007, 08:53 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

and another

[IMG]local://upfiles/45469/A54829186014443AB40F6B146CBEC7B2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
rappin_trashman
Professional

lastly...this pic...bought her used a few months ago with JUST under 10k on the odometer...thought it was a good deal...got ripped off...owner before didnt take care of her...has quite a few rust spots from chipped paint...large scratch and all...but hey...its a truck...and its a rumble bee...ill get that stuff fixed in time...(notice how i didnt take pics of the BAD side? lol)...but yeah...shes a beaut...went over to a rumble bee forum...im seeing high 13's to low 14's stock...also...so we'll see...when the modding comes....i plan to have a programmer...exhaust and intake on...in the next 4-6 months...so we'll see(my 5 month old comes first...lol)...mangointx...you were the guy that shot me a PM when i was first looking at the chargers...its good to know that some of you guys dont act like your cars are the best on the road...some act like ***-holes like the majority of mustang owners...for the record...we are obviously comparing apples to oranges...its a TRUCK...its meant for hauling stuff...chargers are more of say...luxury cars(to me)sorry if i offended anyone in thinking that my truck was faster then a charger...might not be a faster...but ill tell you what...mod for mod...its pretty damn close...not to shabby for a 5400lbtruck...again...i just wanted to see if there was something wrong with THAT specific charger....and i think the verdict is in...that there is...oh well...stealerships problem...not mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/45469/6EE2774D92C842FFA23B3576ACD73778.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2007, 09:52 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Even if the previous owner didnt take care of that truck, its still a sharp looking one....

I took the liberty of resizing your pictures....they were way huge..... and here they are....

You should consider creating a photo gallery to put these in.....you can do that by clicking HERE

[IMG]local://upfiles/19085/D89AF3A097814261917FF70F7CAA4E8B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19085/BCBA24B1EF864E8197CC87A1EE4680E3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19085/BBBC5E8C855F45979C5C8C740A2659DC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-01-2007, 01:06 AM
dlpreston
Rookie

I feel obligated to answer on this one (see sig)

mnboy is correct on the Charger R/T (07) rear end gears. My wife has a brand new one (under 1k) with the 2.82's. Although I have not lined my truck (3.92's with cai and flow super 40) next to it in a drag race, the Ram feels stronger on the low end to mid. The Charger feels like it would eat its lunch from mids to top end. This is strictly based on 'feel.'

As for driving perception, usually, the higher you sit, the slower it feels...

The Ram's lower gears, CAI, and muffler help the torque a bit, but add the same mods to the Charger, and they will probably even up even more on low to mid range acceleration.

Once the Charger is broke in, I will compare times on both vehicles at the track (both 1/4 and 1/8)...but that will probably be a few months from now. It sounds like someone ragged this Charger...if you don't think the Charger could at least hang with your Ram at mid range onward, I wouldn't trust it.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:52 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Nice, I love the look of the standard cab and the options that the RumbleBee add make it that much better.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:53 PM
C35L
Professional

ORIGINAL: rappin_trashman

lastly...this pic...bought her used a few months ago with JUST under 10k on the odometer...thought it was a good deal...got ripped off...owner before didnt take care of her...has quite a few rust spots from chipped paint...large scratch and all...but hey...its a truck...and its a rumble bee...ill get that stuff fixed in time...(notice how i didnt take pics of the BAD side? lol)...but yeah...shes a beaut...went over to a rumble bee forum...im seeing high 13's to low 14's stock...also...so we'll see...when the modding comes....i plan to have a programmer...exhaust and intake on...in the next 4-6 months...so we'll see(my 5 month old comes first...lol)...mangointx...you were the guy that shot me a PM when i was first looking at the chargers...its good to know that some of you guys dont act like your cars are the best on the road...some act like ***-holes like the majority of mustang owners...for the record...we are obviously comparing apples to oranges...its a TRUCK...its meant for hauling stuff...chargers are more of say...luxury cars(to me)sorry if i offended anyone in thinking that my truck was faster then a charger...might not be a faster...but ill tell you what...mod for mod...its pretty damn close...not to shabby for a 5400lbtruck...again...i just wanted to see if there was something wrong with THAT specific charger....and i think the verdict is in...that there is...oh well...stealerships problem...not mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/45469/6EE2774D92C842FFA23B3576ACD73778.jpg[/IMG]
Don't you hate buying used vehicles and the last owner before you didn't take care of the car like there's scratches where they shouldn't be any scratches and it's dirty in areas where it shouldn't be dirty. Before I got my charger I looked at this used white R/T charger I looked in side tell me why there was this big *** gum stain or somethingon the floor in the back and there was a couple small holes on the roof. Everytime I see stuff like that I'm like wtf keep your S#!@ clean it's not hard but to some people it's a challenge.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Stroker
Veteran

You got any kids? If you did you'd understand it's not that easy to your car clean. It also depends on how its used, for me I work in mine so at times it gets pretty rough. Sometime a wash and vacume every week just isn't enough. Besides when they pay $30,000 for a car they earn the right to trash it if they wish, it's their loss.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:48 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

You got a point Stroker, I could clean mine once a week and it would be dirty the day after each cleaning [&:]

Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Hardcharger
Professional

C35L,

Most people are worthless and don't take care of anything they own let alone respect the property of others. I bought my Charger from a woman. She hadn't completely destroyed it but there were little things on the inside which were completely ridiculous. It looked like someone had bitten the passenger door, maybe she bit it while being tailpiped. Also had some kind ash in the cell phone holder. Fixed those things with ease but I just can't understand how someone would be as worthless as that.

Quick Reply: ram 1500 faster then charger rt?