Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Tuned up on Predator

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:58 AM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tuned up on Predator

rgr thanks Bro !
Marty

Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 AM
srteatr
Professional

To get rid of the engine light is easy... Get some anti foulers and place them on the rear o2 sensors. The will pull tehm out of the flowing exhaust. Then reset your computer and bingo... Gone. I removed my cats and no engine light. My friend has a Infiniti G35 and he has test pipes (no cats) and we did the same, perfect. I have an OBDII computer scanner toy and it says I will pass emission... I live in Seattle and they no longer sniff new cars and just use the interface to show if they car is working properly.... Anti fowlers are just a few dollers each at most parts stores. I paid more for mine from ebay but was worth it period!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I tried that mod about two years ago and still have the non-foulers on the O2 sensors.
Here's a old thread on that https://dodgeforum.com/m_539943/tm.htm

It's a old trick that anyone w/LT headers has done but it doesn't work for everyone which is why Diablo is addressing that issue.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 AM
charginscott
Veteran

I got my Diablo last Friday and look forward to installing it. I was talking to someone who had it on his Dytona and he was TOTALLY inpressed with it. He can get a second gear scratch now. I know that means loss of traction but it sure will impress everyone. hehehehehehe

Scott

Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Ch@rg!ng

MangoInTX, don't want to hijack this thread, but I've been trying to understand the various "stages" of ESP disarm.
I currently use the 5 second ESP button push, which lights up the yellow squiggly on my dash and prompts the beep/ESP disabled message. This level is quite satisfactory to me as it lets me get the tires loose and the back end whipping around those corners!
However, you've been referencing the following: ABS/brake/BAS/Mr. Squiggly. Obviously I know that last part. Can you get into the first three or point me to a thread that does?

Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Not really part of ESP but italso disables Anti-lock braking systems (ABS), you can also disable ABSby pulling fuse 17. I'm not sure why it lights up the Break light but it does. The BAS withMr Squiggly as you eludedis ESP disabled.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Ch@rg!ng

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm trying to determine why anyone would ever want to disable ABS. Also, since I don't get the BAS indicator when I disable ESP manally, what is BAS and does disabling it do anything additional?

Old 10-28-2007, 03:46 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I would guess your ESP isn't totally disabled.

Quick Reply: Tuned up on Predator