Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Tuned up on Predator

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuned up on Predator

I got the Predator today and started to play.

Returned to stock on my SuperChip and put the Predator "performance CAI 91" tune on and went for a spin. First impressions are the tranny shifts are much quick/firmer... remember I have no updates to my PCM or TCM, she's a bone stock virgin.

The idle was at 550 which is low for the mods I have. I stopped for a moment to modify that canned tune and bumped the idle up 150 on all four idle settings: 1. AC off in D 2. AC off in N 3. AC on in D 4. AC on in N. Started her up and she settled into a 750 idle across the board, she’s very happy now. For some reason my SuperChips tune also idled in that same range.

There are so many parameters on the Predator it makes my head spin. I’m going into the learning curve and will start to play with the settings slowly. For now I’m happy with the canned tune + idle adjustments. Next on the adjustment list is deleting the rear O2 sensors.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tuned up on Predator

so whats your 1st impressions ????

Old 10-05-2007, 09:37 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Just plain old bad a$$.

I've pulled my noesp Coolit fan mod and used the tuner to set the fan tempature paramaters. The shifts are much more aggressive. You can tweak some many things like knock retard, WOT fuel and spark curves. They have a canned 91 and 93 tune. I haven't tried the 93 tune but plan to this weekend.

I don't notice more HP with the canned 91 tune but I'll check back in once I put the 93 tune on.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Jon E Stud

Mango - I have an '06 Daytona like you with the only modsbeing a CAI and catback exhaust.......I was going to get the SC but am now thinking the Predator is the way to go.......you haven't steered me wrong yet......what's your opinion?

Thanks

Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

One word.... PREDATOR.

I haven't got agressive with the tunes yet and the car feels like a beast. Right now I'm running the 91 Performance CAI tune and it's great. I'm going toput on the 93 tune today and bump the fule about 4% at the upper RPMs, that is where I run lean with the long tube headers and cam. I haven't turned off ESP yet but have been told it works like no other mod has and does a excellent job muting ESP. The fan temp settings allow you to dial inrunning temps like a champ. The list goes on.

Two optionas are missing right now. MDS and rear O2 sensor delete. I'm looking forward to the rear O2 sensor delete due the Check Engine Lights (CEL) I get w/long tube headers. The MDS delete option might be nice for a "track" setting if'n it provides extra HP.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:45 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Programmed the car with the Performance CAI 93 tune + quick tune: ESP off & bumped WOT fuel 4% from 5K rpm on up for the header/cam I'm running.

The ESP off option tuns on the following dash lights (looks like a christmas tree ): Yellow Mr. Squiggly, ESP BAS, ABS and Red Break. It does a fantastic job of taking ESP down to nothing.

The 93 tune pulls hard, this is the strongest that I've seen the car run. The shifts are also very good launching the car forward when it hits every gear.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

ohhh man !!!! looks like I gonna have to get one. U get yours on the group buy?

Old 10-07-2007, 03:26 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Yes it was through a group buy, roughly 350.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:30 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Hey, Mango - How do you think it would work on mine - without the cam, headers, etc.? Is this a tuner that would work better with other mods, like yours? Or is it suitable, i.e., worth the money over the SC tuner.

dave

Old 10-08-2007, 05:56 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I think that even on a stock setup it would improve the settings over SuperChips.

1.The gear shifts are no comparison, the Predator firms it upa lot compared to SuperChips.

2. Fan temps can be moded to run cooler.

3.As you now our cars run rich stock. You candial in the A/F + timing with the Predator.

4. ESP disables like no other. When you tell it to disable ESP the following lights up... ABS/brake/BAS/Mr. Squiggly turn on and ESP is gone.

5. Other settings like knock retard, WOT fuel trims through different rpm ranges are nice but play with them carefully.

Quick Reply: Tuned up on Predator