Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Next Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 09:19 PM
morfoot
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next Mod?

Hey all, I need some help here. I have the K&N CAI and I just ordered a Borla exhaust 140125 yesterday and should get it on Monday...I hope. Anyways, I was curious at what people think should be the next mod I do, or what your mods are and why you did it. I'm not really into exterior mods, I like to keep it looking as stock as possible, but performance wise I'd love to get somewhere with this car, and get there fast. I have to slowly save money so the wife doesn't know and that's how I have been buying my things. Yes she wears the pants in the family, but I make the money. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

Happy modding,
Mike

Old 10-25-2007, 09:49 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Default RE: Next Mod?

Here is what I would put on the list, not in any paticular order just mix and match.

Tuner, the Predator is the bomb right now - Cause a propertune is what this car needs.
Headers - Cause it will create HP.
CAM- Cause ... see reason above.
N20 - Cause it's a short cut to muchoHP and not as obtrusive as installing other big hp adders.

Good luck with your mod.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:06 AM
morfoot
Rookie

You're awesome Mango...I knew I could count on you. Thanks and I'll be checking into the Predator. I'm assuming it's truely better than the Superchip or is it just preference?

Old 10-26-2007, 07:30 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I don't like blowing smoke... Dang tooten it wouldn't be on the listif'n it wasn't better

Old 10-26-2007, 08:07 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker

OK, Randall, was the reference to blowing "smoke" aimed at me? J/K. Mango is correct - he's the "guru" here and is up to date on all the good stuff.

dave

Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

You know Dave even though it wasn't meantthat way, anything dealing with smoke bombs is indrectly related to you I'll try to keep that in mindwhen posting in the future.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:10 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Thanks, bud. I knew I could count on you!

dave

Old 11-05-2007, 08:59 PM
morfoot
Rookie

IT'S IN!!! I got my Borla exhaust part #140125 and I can't believe at how easy that was to install that exhaust. Taking it out was a pain, but I got it. I only had a pair of ramps and two jacks. I backed the car up onto the ramps and then jacked up the front end to access the undercarriage. Putting the exhaust back in took maybe 25 minutes at the max. I'm far from a car guy, but I got it and it sounds GREAT. At least I think it does and the guys are work like it too.
I have a question to all. I hear what sounds to be like a knocking noise under the middle of the car. I'm just guessing, but I think it could be the pipes knocking up against the cross member bar at the X-pipe. Does that sound familiar to anyone? And if so what did you do to fix it? Mango told me to put in some shims but I didn't know exactly what you were talking about...sorry that's all on me. Remember I don't know crap about cars.
If I knew how to post pictures on here I’d do so…again Mango has told me how, I just can’t figure the damn thing out. Box O’ Rocks here gents.
Have a good one and if anyone has an answer to the knocking noise I’d greatly appreciate it.
Mike

Old 11-06-2007, 07:44 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Post 2 & 3 is what your refering to on this thread https://dodgeforum.com/m_1029023/tm.htm

Get something that is 1/2" to 3/4" think. A piece of plywood or piece of a 1"x2" board (<= which is 3/4" thick) would work perfectly.

1. Loosen the clamps on the new exhaust.
2. Place something thats 1/2" to 3/4" thickbetween the crossmember(see pic below)and the x-pipe. (this is the shim)
3. Tighten up the clamps.
4. Knock or wiggle that shim out from between the crossmember and x-pipe.

The exhaust should not settle down to the brace and rattle any more.

[IMG]local://upfiles/33009/2B8584A6ECC644AA93BDC99C71827280.jpg[/IMG]