Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Keep the R/T or trade up ...SRT8 or SUPERBEE

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 09:17 PM
pebcak2000
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Keep the R/T or trade up ...SRT8 or SUPERBEE

LOL save us Dr. Phil

Old 01-20-2008, 09:21 PM
mmtaylor

Wait a min. Dr. Phill can not help brittney what makes you think he can help us! I rather have someone who has a good set of ***** and a strong hemi to back it! [sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 01-20-2008, 09:22 PM
pebcak2000
Professional

UM.....Footballs and Basketballs right? geeesh the language in here >

Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 PM
C35L
Professional

I like the color of the new Superbee. I saw it when I was at the traffic light since the dodge dealership is right by the light so I went out of my way to take a closer look at it they only had one.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:15 AM
pebcak2000
Professional

It has been a while since I have posted on here so I thought I would update this thread. I have decided to not upgrade to the SRT8 even though that is a sweet car. I will be keeping the R/T ...just cant justify the $20k extra it would cost to purchase the SRT8. I am currently leasing the R/T and a family friend who's daughter works for Chrysler stated that Chrysler is making some agressive deals for people to purchase their cars at the end of their leases taking anywhere from $5000 to $10,000 off the contracted purchase value of the car. That would I would only have to finance the purchase for my R/T for about $6K to 11K. Much cheaper than turning in my R/T and purchasing a used or new Charger SRT8. So instead, I will upgrade items on my RT. Here is my wish list:

1. Exhaust Headers
2. Borla Exhaust system
3. Ram Air Style I hood
4. Ram Air Daytona style spoiler (just for looks of course)
5. Some body decals
6. 20" wheels and tires (looking at Goodyear F1 tires....don't drive car in winter)
7. Supercharger system - have not selected this yet. Any suggestions??

Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
RenoRob
Rookie
Default more options for pebcak and us

Just to add a litte more fuel to the fire here.... you can already build an 09 Chalenger with a 6 speed Tremec manual and a 5.7 Hemi with a significant horsepower boost over the the 08 model manual tranny would be tempting by itself. I can't see why it wouldn't be available in the Charger as well but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It is also to note that the tables are turned and the manual is actually more expensive than the automatic. ($995 option)
Now to really fire the imagination I was reading in the August "Mopar Action" magazine that 2010 is supposed to be the debut of the new 500 horse 6.4 liter Hemi. I really hope that the current gas prices and the manufacturers woes don't kill this project.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:09 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Looks like your getting a lot of good feedback on the thread pebcak2000.

You might want to PM topbanna3767 for informaon on his supercharged 5.7. He posted a current thread here https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-charger/173423-hi-there-everyone-its-been-awhile.html

Old 09-06-2008, 10:14 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

get ya a pro charger,or wait till RDP gets theirs squared away.theyare coming out with spef.custom cma grinds for blower and turbos,new center sections,trannys ...... it oges on and on .http://www.rdpmotorsport.com/ opening in the us this month

Last edited by baldyloxs; 09-06-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
stanczyk
Default charger .modern muscle

dont even show mi pictures of current Charger

Jeep SRT8 is m Boy,

I dont have one , but it's my beloved machine

300 SRT 8 is also sweet,

Challenger , dont even ask, ..3 of them are Hummer Killers !!

but whats wrong with Charger ?

what are they waiting for?

producer wchich will put retro-midsize on the market....I presume will be a winner... (2 door / 4 seats.because now You need two pony cars to go for a party with friends..
theira are toys , and even high tax wont stop people from buying them ...

I think first retro-midsize will be new GTO....or maybe Ford wil jump out with it's "Starsky and Hutch ' reinterpretation....(and will be first like with the Mustang) I've noticed that on Ford's forum people ask where is next retro hot rod from Ford....

......but maybe redone Charger, !

what do You think , will dodge change this 4 door - uninspiering joke into sth nice , "I'll kick Your but" muscle-machine?

they scholud do it, even if they will call it Charger RT special edition (coupe)...they can left that four door familly sedan named Charger, and put some additional name on new project,

I did some simple excersize : I draw really simple"Charger concept" in paint programme, based on black Challenger,

I stretch the pictute put "coke bottle" accents on a body , cut rear and front like it was in oryginal chargers and it works !(I wil try to put this here I'm not sure how about quality..but You can get a proportions.......this picture I belive looks better than 2006 Charger itself ...

i think it's almost only a matter of body pannels , ....mechanicals and HEMI powertrain are ready - current Charger SRT8 ,

dont waste HEMI herritage @!

You also have barracuda to built (ok...there's nice challenger so You can left that...) but roadrunner, charger

there're very nice concepts delivered by independent designer Michael Leonhard...

wish You good luck chrysler/ dodge ..

Modern Muscle debate !

Im writing an article about modelm Muscle,
any suggestions matters, can you recomand me some other dodge forums? Chrysler is my favourite in muscle cars war
thanks,
ernwopr@wp.pl

Old 09-07-2008, 04:48 PM
baldyloxs
Record Breaker

get out of here !!!!the chargers just fine
Originally Posted by stanczyk
dont even show mi pictures of current Charger

Jeep SRT8 is m Boy,

I dont have one , but it's my beloved machine

300 SRT 8 is also sweet,

Challenger , dont even ask, ..3 of them are Hummer Killers !!

but whats wrong with Charger ?

what are they waiting for?

producer wchich will put retro-midsize on the market....I presume will be a winner... (2 door / 4 seats.because now You need two pony cars to go for a party with friends..
theira are toys , and even high tax wont stop people from buying them ...

I think first retro-midsize will be new GTO....or maybe Ford wil jump out with it's "Starsky and Hutch ' reinterpretation....(and will be first like with the Mustang) I've noticed that on Ford's forum people ask where is next retro hot rod from Ford....

......but maybe redone Charger, !

what do You think , will dodge change this 4 door - uninspiering joke into sth nice , "I'll kick Your but" muscle-machine?

they scholud do it, even if they will call it Charger RT special edition (coupe)...they can left that four door familly sedan named Charger, and put some additional name on new project,

I did some simple excersize : I draw really simple"Charger concept" in paint programme, based on black Challenger,

I stretch the pictute put "coke bottle" accents on a body , cut rear and front like it was in oryginal chargers and it works !(I wil try to put this here I'm not sure how about quality..but You can get a proportions.......this picture I belive looks better than 2006 Charger itself ...

i think it's almost only a matter of body pannels , ....mechanicals and HEMI powertrain are ready - current Charger SRT8 ,

dont waste HEMI herritage @!

You also have barracuda to built (ok...there's nice challenger so You can left that...) but roadrunner, charger

there're very nice concepts delivered by independent designer Michael Leonhard...

wish You good luck chrysler/ dodge ..

Modern Muscle debate !

Im writing an article about modelm Muscle,
any suggestions matters, can you recomand me some other dodge forums? Chrysler is my favourite in muscle cars war
thanks,
ernwopr@wp.pl

Quick Reply: Keep the R/T or trade up ...SRT8 or SUPERBEE