Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 04:28 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.

Yes Charger is just a name, a historic one. Why the criticism? Because Creed thought he could pull out the name game without the baggage. Wrong! If he did not want to build a charger thats fine, but don't call this ugly thing one either. The only way this car will change is if it flops. Because this will be the third flop for creed. First durango, second dakota, third charger. Hopefully its three strikes and you out for him! I think ford and gm are a little too smart to hire this moron teewjay!

Joe

Old 03-10-2005, 10:48 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

Joe- what do you think would have happened to the new Mustang if Creed was in charge of THAT design team?!! [sm=roll.gif]

Old 03-10-2005, 05:11 PM
MG42pillbox
Veteran

Their Mustang looks like a plastic toy, the Charger has more potential than any new car right now.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426
what do you think would have happened to the new Mustang if Creed was in charge of THAT design team?!! [sm=roll.gif]

i think it would look a hell of alot better. actually it would look quite nice...for a ford, if creed ran that design team.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:30 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

If Creed was in charge of mustang team, I'm sure it would have "evolved" into what people want. You know wagons, and sedans. Coming soon to a ford dealer near you, the new 2005 mustang sedan, and with later availably the mustang plus wagon! That man is such a ****! What I really don't get is him saying coupes don't sell. Apparently ford and gm differ, as gm will reintroduce the camaro for 07. And apparently the over 225000 orders for the new stang just are not enough volume for creed![:@] Besides rams and minivans we don't sell anything with that kind of volume. DOH!

Joe

Old 03-14-2005, 01:11 AM
OG MagDak
Professional

exactly and if we put the right type of vehicle out (2 door coupe) with the right motor (hemi) at the right time (now) we would sell so many of them because the only competition right now is the stang. we could beat chevy to the market and take a huge chunk of its and the mustangs sales

Old 03-14-2005, 02:52 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: jgralka
225000 orders for the new stang

proof that Americans are retarded

Old 03-15-2005, 09:13 PM
aliyahzfromDodgeinfo

Hello, my name is Aliyah. I am a Marketing Representative with the Dodge Information Center. I’ve been following your conversation and was wondering if it would be okay to interject? First let me start by thanking MG42pillbox for being such a fan of the new 2006 Dodge Charger.

It’s our belief that today’s Dodge Charger customers want the thrilling ride and handling characteristics of a sports car, but with the added convenience of a functional vehicle. Subtle stylistic influences of past decades can be seen in several 2006 Dodge Charger design elements such as the; heritage inspired high beltline, aggressive roofline, and coupe-like profile however the all-new 2006 Dodge Charger is a fresh, contemporary execution of modern muscle. It pays homage to muscle cars of the past without relying on retro styling.

With a modern design to back up its modern muscle car power, sports car handling and cutting edge technology, today’s consumers will appreciate the added function, convenience and interior capacity a full-size passenger car like the all-new Dodge Charger offers.

2006 Dodge Charger is the embodiment of 20th Century muscle car tradition and 21st Century design, engineering and technology. Dodge values the thoughts and opinions of the American consumer. We certainly appreciate the passion Dodge Chargers enthusiasts have for their cars, and hope that one day they come to honor and respect the all new 2006 version. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post a reply, visit www.dodge.com or contact us at 1 800 4ADodge (423-6343).

Old 03-15-2005, 09:48 PM
sniper226

ORIGINAL: aliyahzfromDodgeinfo

With a modern design to back up its modern muscle car power, sports car handling and cutting edge technology, today’s consumers will appreciate the added function, convenience and interior capacity a full-size passenger car like the all-new Dodge Charger offers.

2006 Dodge Charger is the embodiment of 20th Century muscle car tradition and 21st Century design, engineering and technology. Dodge values the thoughts and opinions of the American consumer. We certainly appreciate the passion Dodge Chargers enthusiasts have for their cars, and hope that one day they come to honor and respect the all new 2006 version. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post a reply, visit www.dodge.com or contact us at 1 800 4ADodge (423-6343).
Let me first thank you for showing your interest in this forum. Secondly, let me tell you al little about myself. I am 41 and have driven a Black 98 Grand Prix GTP for 7+ years. I love my car but the HP it puts out is now being surpassed by many of cars and I no longer get that "Top Dog" feeling driving it. Sure I can mod it up, which I have to some extent, but when you start going to far, things begin to break down.

So when I heard the GTO was coming back I was really excited. Then I saw it. Bland with no styling, a rear seat you have to wait forever with electronic seats to retract to then try and squeeze into the back, a trunk that is not much good for carrying a set of golf clubs and a sound system that is extremely subpar. (Can you tell I was disappointed)

I was hoping they would get more things right in 2005 but they are just putting a dent in my needs although the 50+ HP increase is tempting. But I will not be buying one.

Anyway, now we are at present day. I have heard and now seen pics of the Charger. Hey, this is 4 doors. Not a cramped backseat like a Mustang or GTO. It's got 350+ HP. Another big item. It looks bad (meaning good). Especially the black grill. Another plus. I might be sold. Wait, they will probably put a 6.1 in this. Oooh realllly? (drool) How about AWD? That would be awesome offline traction.

Couple of things I really like in my GTP. Heads Up Display Speedo/Radio on windshield. Heated seats. Radio headunit with built in EQ. Not sure if any of these will be offered in Charger.

Some things I don't like about the Charger.
I like the R/T but not sure about the stickers & black spoiler. I mainly like the grille.
Which brings me to the stock model. I hate the grille. Looks like it belongs on a pickup.
I don't like the 2 tone lighter interior. I would prefer the interior be all close to same color without that much contrast.
I would like to see more styling cues to get it looking more different than the 300 & Magnum. I like the rear fenders. Feel something more should be done to the front fenders as well to differentiate it further.

As for other dislikes, I will have to wait till I get to actually see on. Hopefully the 6.1 will become an option real quick.
Now that I have your attention, perhaps you can set everyone straight on what is up with the Challenger rumor mill. Perhaps it would better suit my needs. I am sure I can provide more input down the road. I promise not to wine about how many doors either. There are enough people harping on that...

A potential Pontiac to Dodge convert...

Old 03-17-2005, 03:25 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Yet again another flyby post from aliyahzfromDodgeinfo. I wish she would respond to the several responses she received from her other flyby.

Joe

Quick Reply: Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.