Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 11:09 AM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.

The trend seems to be that she only responds to those that are positive on the new 'Magnum sedan'- the critics are just ignored. Pretty much the same attitude that ALL DCX execs have.

Old 03-17-2005, 01:13 PM
sniper226

ORIGINAL: jgralka

Yet again another flyby post from aliyahzfromDodgeinfo. I wish she would respond to the several responses she received from her other flyby.

Joe
[sm=signs007.gif]

I obviously have not been here long enough to pick up on this. I was expecting a timely reply as well. Hell, the assembly guys and their timely replies seem to do more for the Dodge/Mercury name. http://www.bramptonassembly.com/board/index.php
I asked about any rumors on a Challenger and got a reply that they had not heard anything and their plant was definitely not setup to build em if there was such a car.

I would think with the progression of the internet as it is, they would hire Marketing people to do exact this type of thing. Hang out on the boards and get people excited about their cars. Maybe I should be in marketing! [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
done
Rookie

Frankly, I am amazed that aliyahz from Dodgeinfo would even post anything here at all, even though the posts are pretty much standard PR stuff. I would almost bet a nickle or two that she did so without permission.

Why?

Well about 10 years ago, as the Director of R&D, I was monitoring a discussion board on the old Prodigy network for a set of products that my company had devleoped. As it happened, those products were being beat up, somewhat like the new Charger. After reading a lot of posts that contained false and misleading information, I decided to respond to "educate" those posters. Well, like on this forum, there were a lot of posters who seemed to be delighted in the opportunity to pounce on me with thier sarcastic, antagonistic and even mean spirited rantings. There were some who was glad I could answer some real questions. However, any attempt to respond to the negative posts just seemed to stir up an even greater frenzy.

To make matters worse, the upper management decided that I didn't have permission to participate and I was severly chastised. To compound things, they then decided that would post the company PR line on that forum. Since they had never participated in such a forum, they created an even greater disaster by not reading the old posts and learning who was going to listen and who was going to attack. You regular readers know who the attackers are around here and how they would operate.

So I would guess that DCX monitors all of the forums to get feedback but will never participate directly.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:10 PM
aliyahzfromDodgeinfo

Hello again, It’s Aliyah from the Dodge Information Center. Sniper226, I’m sorry for the delayed response. In your prior posting, you mentioned that you were interested in heated leather seats. Before I replied, I wanted to verify my information. At this time the 2006 Dodge Charger will be available with leather trimmed seating as an option on the SXT. Leather trimmed seating will also be part of a package on the RT model. Preliminary information suggests that heated front seats will only be available with the Daytona RT package.

I just wanted to say that we're really excited to see that you’re interested in purchasing an all new 2006 Dodge Charger! As you stated earlier the 2006 Charger is a four door sedan offering spacious rear passenger seating/cargo area.

I noticed that you had some misgivings about the 2006 Dodge Chargers resemblance to the Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300. As far as styling queues, you’re right people often compare the 2006 Dodge Charger with the Dodge Magnum and the Chrysler 300. There are definite similarities, but make no mistake, these are distinctly different vehicles. From a design stand point, though also streetwise and aggressive, the lines of the Dodge Charger are graceful and slightly more refined than the Dodge Magnum’s. The 2006 Dodge Charger’s upper body sheet metal (side apertures, roof, fenders, doors, decklid and aluminum hood) are all-new and unique. And while it enjoys the classic proportions that have made the Chrysler 300 so popular, these proportions are shaped very differently on the 2006 Dodge Charger, the door handles were even colored and designed to be inconspicuous so as not to distract the eye and ruin the coupe like styling and attention grabbing profile. Dodge Charger’s provocative look, power, and technical prowess provide broad appeal. Hope this information helps. Once again if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post a reply, visit www.dodge.com or contact us at 1 800 4ADodge (423-6343).

Old 03-18-2005, 03:51 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Aliyah, why haven't you responded to the other thread you posted on? I will give you credit for at least not just doing a flyby this time, but would like some answers on the other thread.

Joe

Old 03-18-2005, 04:04 PM
TeeWJay426
Record Breaker

And while your at it, address some of the concerns of the non fans?????? We AREN'T going away just because you ignore us!

Old 03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
aliyahzfromDodgeinfo

Hello all, I’ve been on and off the site a couple of times since my last post, and just wanted to let everyone know that it was not my intention to ignore 2006 Dodge Charger critics. If you have an opinion about the 2006 Dodge Charger, regardless of whether or not you are a fan, I’ll post a response if I think that I can add value to the conversation. Dodgeforum.com members' eagerness and their ability to speak frankly about the 2006 Dodge Charger is always welcome.

As a Dodge Marketing Representative, I know I have a lot to offer members of this forum. I will answer questions related to the 2006 Dodge Charger if I can and if I can’t answer the question, I’ll do my best to refer inquires to the right authority. I absolutely understand that the added value of my participation with Dodgeforum.com isn’t one sided. I know that I have as much to learn from Dodge fans as I have to share with them. I’m out of the office for the evening but will check in tomorrow. Once again if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post a reply, visit www.dodge.com or contact us at 1 800 4ADodge (423-6343).

Old 03-31-2005, 04:05 AM
ManMuscle
Rookie

I hope all the people that are bashing the Charger have atleast seen it. I just got home from the NY autoshow and let me tell you it is an impressive car. It looks big and strong and muscular. Its absolutly 100% american muscle. The daytona is such a badass mopar. peope were running up to see it. And I dont even think I have words to decscribe the SRT-8. Its not 1969, Dodge is not making that car again. The Charger is an icon but it is NO mustang, sorry guys. The mustang survived medicore days because its a symbol of america not just a symbol of american cars. But this Charger is a blessing for mopar guys who want to hand ford and chevy thier asses and look liek one hell of badass doing it, not to mention all those weak *** import guys that think thier Altimas and maximas are cars to be delt w/. Look on the bright side because theres alot more positive than negative.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:22 AM
plum500
Professional

Man, I think I better go get my rubber boots on, "it's" getting deep in here.

Old 04-02-2005, 01:45 AM
Avenger39
Professional

I don't know why you all are complaining about the 06 charger. What about the eighty's charger with a little four banger under the hood. That didn't ruin the charger name at all.

Quick Reply: Suggestion on the Charger Heresy.