Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

stuck in park

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
stevedodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck in park

I have a 2006 charger , stuck in park. Why wont Chrysler fix this for free it is a defective part that should have been improved. I feel this is nothing more than a scam. Yes I am out of warranty but a known defective part should not be placed back into vehicles. I hope you are honest and agree with this.
Steve

Old 09-17-2010, 08:06 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree and in case you haven't seen it, there is a thread at the top of this section dedicated to this. Somewhere in there too, is a link to where you can buy the billet replacement which is stronger, and cheaper than what Dodge charges. There are also how to videos in there to do the work yourself if you are handy.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...t-of-park.html

Old 10-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Zomby Woof

That just happened to me a few weeks ago. I had to get a tow truck to bring it to the dealer to fix it. I hear this is a common problem. They shouyld have recall and fix it for free! Its a design defect. They use a plastic that is too week and fails. I know it will fail again. How diifcult is it to remove that module out of the car? Once out it looks pretty easy.

Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 AM
DanPop

This is NOW an official recall.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Zomby Woof

Originally Posted by DanPop
This is NOW an official recall.
I was just at the local dealer for another repair that I shouldn't have needed. I had to get a new window regulator for the driver's window. That cost me around $570. While I was there I mentioned about my previous "stuck in park" repair and asked why there wasn't a recall. I was told there hadn't been enough of them. So now it cost me for a tow and a repair. He said that as long as I had the receipt I would get reimbursed. So how long until I get mail from Dodge about this recall? And will it break again anyway? Because if they're recalling them I assume they have made the replacement part of a more durable material. And that's what I want in my shifter, not another pink plastic part that will break again. So between those two repairs since last October, my car has cost me approx. $900 for repairs that shouldn't have had failures. I like my car but my next car may not be another Mopar.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:50 PM
mackman107
Default recall

just got a recall in the mail last week for my 07 charger had it at the dealer today asked if its still plastic they just said to me this one wont break on you like its a big secret what the new one looks like or made of

Old 04-05-2011, 12:40 PM
DanPop

My understanding is that it's a white unbreakable nylon.

Old 04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Zomby Woof

I just went to the Dodge site yesterday to find out about this recall and couldn't find any information. I went to a site where I put in the last 8 digits of my VIN and it said there were no recalls.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zomby Woof
I just went to the Dodge site yesterday to find out about this recall and couldn't find any information. I went to a site where I put in the last 8 digits of my VIN and it said there were no recalls.
what yr is ur Car? The Recall is code K39, and it only applies to LX vehicle built b4 June 07.
If you have the receipt, and ur Vehicle is under the Recall, send them a mail with all required documentation, you usually get ur money back within 60 days.
recall assistance number for Chrysler is 1-800-853-1403, give them a call.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Zomby Woof

Originally Posted by steak59
what yr is ur Car? The Recall is code K39, and it only applies to LX vehicle built b4 June 07.
If you have the receipt, and ur Vehicle is under the Recall, send them a mail with all required documentation, you usually get ur money back within 60 days.
recall assistance number for Chrysler is 1-800-853-1403, give them a call.
My car is a 2006 model which I got May of that year.

Quick Reply: stuck in park