Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Why do you "Strongly Dis-like" the Charger?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 02:03 PM
wildbill
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do you"Strongly Dis-like" the Charger?

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

ORIGINAL: Chargin06

HAHAHA... I love reading posts from those 'New Charger' haters out there... You are indeed a breed of your own... Everytime (and it happens multiple times each day) I get in that car, I either get a wave, a thumbs up or a car wanting to race. When I park the car in public, I cannot mention the amount of draw it gets from those walking past, around it or looking into it. Give it up guys... The new charger is here to stay and has a HUGE following...

there we go, the real general public is simply drawn to it.
Honestly, the people that have seen the car (and aren't bent on the charger nameplate issue) like the looks. Seems that the front end coming at someone in the rearview mirror really gets people's attention.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:32 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the front end is fine...ive seen quite a few of them around now (all driven by women) and the front end is very aggressive...but the back end is FAR too vanilla for that car.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:13 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i like plums version of the rear end. if they made that work with the rest of the car it would be perfect, although even though the current rear is boring it looks decent with the car.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:00 PM
illy
Professional
Default RE: Why do you "Strongly Dis-like" the Charger?

No, a "Challenger" or "Charger" even "Cuda" coupe would NOT sell like hotcakes...

Mopar fans are a very passionate, very vocal MINORITY and combined we would not buy enough of these dream mopars to make it worthwhile for DC. Ask the lady in line at the super market what she thinks of the "Dodge Challenger" and she will look at you funny, ask her about a Mustang and she will probably tell you how she has always wanted one, OR how she just bought one...

Remember, there are a lot of people out there with passion for the Chevy Camaro, and that "if they build it, we will buy it!" thing didn't quite work for them, people just didn't buy enough of them. Need another example? Pontiac GTO, they can't even sell them with all that horsepower and thousands of dollars in incentives. These LX cars are selling because the non mopar die hards are buying them. The same people that would have NO NEED for a Challenger, Charger or Cuda coupe.

Another thing to consider about the mustang is the price. A fully decked out Charger RT with the Daytona or new Road and Track package will run you close to 34 grand. A topped out GT Coupe won't even break 30 and you can get them with cloth and no goodies for around 26 grand. I don't think our hypothetical dream mopar coupe could touch the mustang on price either.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:11 PM
shiltz
Captain

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

i think my coupe is great, if only it had a few more ponies packed into it.
that's exactly my point, the stratus coupe is a very nice looking coupe, but most people buying coupes want a perfomance car and currently the only vehicle lines in the dodge lineup that don't out perform it are the vans, sprinter and caravan, their full size wagon, full size sedan, compact car, full size pickup all have at least one in their lineup that out perform it, and the compact pickup and SUV are about as fast, and both of those suposidly have a planned SRT version as well, that's why dodge coupes don't sell well, the one dodge vehicle that should have the perfomance doesn't.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 PM
illy
Professional

The stratus and neon have yesterdays "cab forward" stuff which is the exact opposite of where DC is heading. Both cars need refreshing or retiring, the later being the fate of the neon of course.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

HAHAHA... I love reading posts from those 'New Charger' haters out there... You are indeed a breed of your own... Everytime (and it happens multiple times each day) I get in that car, I either get a wave, a thumbs up or a car wanting to race. When I park the car in public, I cannot mention the amount of draw it gets from those walking past, around it or looking into it. Give it up guys... The new charger is here to stay and has a HUGE following...
Very well said Chargin06.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:49 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: MidnightBlueNeon

Very well said Chargin06.

the srt8 will make that following that much better.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:12 AM
SHAPman
Record Breaker

Yeah maybe if they sold a few we would see them on the road. Every dealer around here has several and yet I don't see any on the road. Mustangs on the other hand not a day goes by that I don't see at 3-5 of the new style. We sold what, 5000 last month? We build 5000 rams in 5 days. Sure glad the charger is not my bread and butter.

Joe

Old 07-29-2005, 05:12 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

i go to my local dodge dealer probably every other day. they have a new set of 5-6 chargers each day. they are selling, and that 5k last month...it was the first month, give to 6 months to reach its full potential. o BTW i bet you didn't see 3-5 mustangs about 1.5 months after its release. it has been out over a year just like the 300 which i see 4-6 each day of.

Quick Reply: Why do you "Strongly Dis-like" the Charger?