Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

How's it selling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:07 PM
shiltz
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How's it selling?

they don't seem to be selling all that well in my area, i've yet to see one on the road yet, only ones i've seen are a bunch of R/T's on the lot at the dealer near my house and they have been sitting there for a while now, the magnum and 300 both seemed to have sold faster when they were released, back then a 300C or a magnum RT wouldn't last longer than a week on the lot around here, in some cases they were sold hours after being unloaded off the truck.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:02 PM
illy
Professional

In response to the ads. I have seen a lot of Magnum ads and recently a lot of Charger Ads here in CA. There was even a whole show called I think "test Drive" that was on Friday night where they just drove the Charger R/T And Daytona around, and of course it was loaded with Charger commercials. Nascar too is really pushing the Charger, I have seen it pacing a few races. If the car flops it isn't an advertising thing it is more likely the fact that having 3 LX models that are pretty similar dilute the over all sales of each.

As for the SRT4, good riddance. Why advertise something they are dropping from their lineup? The WRX and EVO tore that poor car to shreds anyway.

Old 07-18-2005, 09:13 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

indeed the EVO and WRX tore upthe SRT4...but they arent really in the same market...but good point about advertising it...

as for the charger,..i see TONS of ads for it.

Old 07-19-2005, 02:13 PM
wildbill
Veteran

There is a lot of alternate media for the Charger right now. Like the flash site and the induction download program.

For sales, I found this:

"Sales of the Dodge brand declined 15 percent to 107,997 units, however, sales of the all-new Dodge Charger continue to accelerate as the vehicle continues to arrive at Dodge dealerships nationwide. Sales of the Dodge Charger surged in June to 4,354 units, topping May 2005 sales by 118 percent."

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...01/136414.html

Someone already posted some of the info, but there is more in there.

Old 07-19-2005, 06:13 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

This car will win awards from car mag's and that will keep it selling, just like the 300. In it's class there's nothing like it even the base model is better then most car co. high end models. There's also alot of people who wait a year to see if any problems arise too. I've notice in CA there's tons of advertisment for it, I have yet to see one on the Road thow. But it took a few months before I saw a 300c so I'm sure there out there. As far as the SRT-4 goes, it's a very limited production car, very little are made a year and for the most part they have nevered had a problem selling them so why waste money advertiving, you notice they never have discount's on them either.

Old 07-20-2005, 12:19 PM
t0973mf
Professional

A sales surge of 4300 units is not much when you consider the 300 still has sales over 10,000 a month. I think the magnum sales are even better than the chargers. Just have to wait and see if they pick up.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:14 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

that was first month numbers, give it 3 months and see where we are at

Old 07-31-2005, 01:01 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, here's another question,
Does anyone know how the police package is selling?
Is it out yet?
What cities bought them?

Old 07-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: shiltz

they don't seem to be selling all that well in my area, i've yet to see one on the road yet, only ones i've seen are a bunch of R/T's on the lot at the dealer near my house and they have been sitting there for a while now, the magnum and 300 both seemed to have sold faster when they were released, back then a 300C or a magnum RT wouldn't last longer than a week on the lot around here, in some cases they were sold hours after being unloaded off the truck.
It all depends on where you live. I spend my time between Tallahassee and Fort Myers, Florida. In Tallahassee, I've only seen on R/T on the road. I went to visit Fort Myers for the last 3 weeks, and I saw them every where. 2 of my friends had one. I saw SE's, R/T's, SXT's every where down there.

Old 08-05-2005, 01:20 AM
RcBandit28
Captain

The dealer I work for, had about 5 of them, and they sold as quick as we got them.

Quick Reply: How's it selling?