Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

How's it selling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 02:48 PM
40intrepid
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How's it selling?

How well is the new Charger selling?
It's been out over a month and 1/2, and still no news on wether its a hit, flop, etc.

How do charger sales stack up to the Cobalt, Taurus, and the foriegn rivals?

When will DCX release sales figures for the car?

Old 07-16-2005, 05:45 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How's it selling?

cobalt competes against neon. it is the impala and Taurus/500 that in my eyes competes with it. last month i think there was 4-5 grand sold. ill look it up when i have time. that was the first month. they are selling alot more this month, i can just tell by how many they move at my local dealer.

Old 07-16-2005, 06:57 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the problem is that they may spike, and flat line. once everyone who says "wow..its awesome,i have to have one" has got one...the desire for an expensive gas hog sedan may dwindel a bit, but that stands to be seen.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:01 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT

the problem is that they may spike, and flat line. once everyone who says "wow..its awesome,i have to have one" has got one...the desire for an expensive gas hog sedan may dwindel a bit, but that stands to be seen.

very true, therefore it is way to early to tell the fate of the charger

Old 07-16-2005, 07:07 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when the SRT4 first came out, i Never saw one at the dealerships, and if i did, it was already purchased. now, i dont think ive seen a dealership (including the one where i worked) that doesnt have a few just sitting on the lot.

Old 07-16-2005, 07:10 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

srts fly out of my local dealer, even the vipers, but there is always 1 or 2 srt4s laying around.

Old 07-17-2005, 02:45 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

Sales of the Dodge brand declined 15 percent to 107,997 units, however, sales of the all-new Dodge Charger continue to accelerate as the vehicle continues to arrive at Dodge dealerships nationwide. Sales of the Dodge Charger surged in June to 4,354 units, topping May 2005 sales by 118 percent.

i dont think ive seen a dealership (including the one where i worked) that doesnt have a few just sitting on the lot.
Part of that may be because of poor advertising done by Dodge. I haven't seen one commercial/billboard for the SRT-4...

-Matt-

Old 07-17-2005, 02:58 PM
SRT MAGNUM
Professional

Dodge has a great product from what I can tell...BUT...I do agree their advertising campaigne is really messed up. When the Magnum came out all I saw were billboards for the 300. I don't know if I EVER saw a Magnum billboard. I have only seen a few Charger billboards and on the website they have build information on the CHarger Daytona which isn't out yet and There is more information on the Charger SRT. The Magnum SRT is in showrooms and you can't even build and price one on the website. ALl they have are auto show pictures from 6 months ago. There are 300 SRT ads in magazines. I don't get it. They do some really off the wall stuff. ANyone agree or see a valid reason for this strange comunication to the consumer?

Old 07-18-2005, 12:40 AM
ViperGTS
Banned

ANyone agree or see a valid reason for this strange comunication to the consumer?
I've heard regular commercial/billboards doesn't sell the product as much as other techniques. Techniques such as Nissan did, by using the X-Tera in "Road Rules" where a bunch of teens drove it around. It was supposed to resemble excitement and a must have for teens or somthing like that... Idk though about Dodge's techniques.

-Matt-

Old 07-18-2005, 03:32 AM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

never seen that before, care to elaborate?

Quick Reply: How's it selling?