Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

How's it selling?

Old 08-14-2005, 01:40 PM
d durden
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How's it selling?

I never saw one . . . till I bought the first one I saw! I drove it to work, and I had about 4 people want to drive it because they were hot rodders with kids wanting another hot rod.

I THINK that's what their market is i.e. hot rod parents who need a 4 door but STILL want to go. That's us.

I looked at the STi and the Legacy GT along with the R/T Charger. Honestly, it came down to money. The R/T was more car for a similar price than the GT, and the dealers laughed in your face if you wanted to deal on the STi.

Now we have a Charger! LOL! And we're happy with it.

Old 08-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Lisa GT

After I test drove the Charger we ended up buying, I went home and began to contact other dealers to see if I could beat the deal I was offered. I called three more local dealerships. The first dealership I called was a small town dealership, didn't have any, and had one coming in. The second dealership I called was a large city dealership, told me they had 5 or 6, but told me that they'd be happy to deal with me on a Magnum, 300, Cadillac or GM (really big dealship) but didn't deal on the Charger, that they were selling them all for MSRP. I contacted one other dealership, kind of a size in between the other two. They told me that they had a few coming in which were already sold, sight unseen. I did a little homework, decided what I was willing to pay and went back and made a counter-offer on the one I drove and the sales manager accepted the offer with these words: "I really want to get some of these cars on the road, so I'm going to do this deal with you, but I'm going to ask you to do this, tell everybody where you bought it, don't tell anybody what you paid for it."

Old 08-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Last Of The R/Ts
Record Breaker

I read somewhere that with the release of the new "Dukes of Hazzard" movie, the Charger mania has increased sales on the new Charger as well as skyrocketing values of the old Charger. I will do some searching and post where I read it at.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How's it selling?