Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Borla Exhaust 2010 Charger RT

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012 | 01:12 PM
M Deezy
|
Default Borla Exhaust 2010 Charger RT

Just wanna tart off by saying hey everyone. I am a happy new owner of a 2010 Charger R/T. I was thinking for a few weeks now even before getting the vehicle, that i should buy a new exhaust for the car(which has everything stock). I was just wondering do you think BORLA is a good exhaust to put into the 2010 RT? and what all else would i need to purchase along with it for it to run properly

Old 01-28-2012 | 08:21 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Borla makes the kits so they are direct bolt on. Just cut off the old and bolt on the new. I personally would not recommend this though. Reason is that the "bolt on" factor will come loose and you will be under the car all the time tightening up the clamps. I would spend a couple hundred extra and have it welded in place. Much better for the system and looks too if anyone goes under the car.

I would check with some of your local garage places that does welding. If they are Borla dealers they may be able to get you the kit cheaper than online if you weld the system up. If not a dealer, most will order it or have you order it and have it drop shipped directly to the garage.

If you got the money, I would also slap some headers on. The combo of the 2 would sound extremely mean and while the garage is under there working they can put them on too. Just a thought there. They can always wait.....

You just have to decide what tips your want sticking out of the back. I just checked and it appears that Borla has 2 different kits that offer different tips. If you don't like either of those, you can look elsewhere, pay the extra money and get something different.

Short answer though, no you will not need to buy anything else if you buy a full catback Borla system.

Old 01-29-2012 | 01:15 PM
M Deezy
|

thanks for the tips and advice man. much appreciated. going to look more into it in the next couple weeks. going to start talking to shops around town and what not and see what we can do.

Old 01-29-2012 | 06:57 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser

Good luck. If you have any other questions, just pop back.

Get a video too if you do go with the borla. I love the sound. Real throaty.

Old 01-29-2012 | 08:57 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator

Borla is good, but I prefer Magnaflow myself.

Old 01-29-2012 | 09:21 PM
M Deezy
|

Originally Posted by KRZY.BMET
Good luck. If you have any other questions, just pop back.

Get a video too if you do go with the borla. I love the sound. Real throaty.
yea i havnt heard or seen one in person but seen alot of video and reviews. love the way it sounds. will def record it when its on tho. thanks.

Originally Posted by lxman1
Borla is good, but I prefer Magnaflow myself.
yea i believe thats the type my cousin has on his. its really nice and he has a sxt.

Quick Reply: Borla Exhaust 2010 Charger RT