Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

06 Charger hemi,radio,nav,cd

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:14 PM
nvicari
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Charger hemi,radio,nav,cd

OK need some help here,the screen is black,at differant times I can change the stations from FM to Sirius to AM.But mostly it stays on AM if I catch it when I start the car I can change it,does anyone have a clue or a fix?The dealer says I need to change out the unit but I want to ask if anyone else has had this happen.Thanks Big Nick

Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nvicari
OK need some help here,the screen is black,at differant times I can change the stations from FM to Sirius to AM.But mostly it stays on AM if I catch it when I start the car I can change it,does anyone have a clue or a fix?The dealer says I need to change out the unit but I want to ask if anyone else has had this happen.Thanks Big Nick

Nick,

What radio do you have? Does it work if the key is in the accessory position?

Old 12-12-2012, 10:37 AM
nvicari
Default tried it.

Still didint work,what it does it will stay on AM and sometimes it will go to sirius or FM but only when the car is in the open air,if shut off under an overhang like when getting gas it will switch back to AM.But still has a black screen and the nav wont come on.I want to try everything I can because it will be an expense to R&r this unit I am getting prices from $900.00 to $2000.00 for a new or used one.Unless you can direct me to a place that we get a better deal.Thank You

Old 12-12-2012, 12:28 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nvicari
Still didint work,what it does it will stay on AM and sometimes it will go to sirius or FM but only when the car is in the open air,if shut off under an overhang like when getting gas it will switch back to AM.But still has a black screen and the nav wont come on.I want to try everything I can because it will be an expense to R&r this unit I am getting prices from $900.00 to $2000.00 for a new or used one.Unless you can direct me to a place that we get a better deal.Thank You

In order for me to check on any service bulletins for this issue I need to know what radio unit you have. Is there a 3 digit code on the bottom right faceplate of the radio? If not you can PM me your vin and I will look to see if I can find anything in our TSB's about the symptoms your radio is experiencing.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:08 PM
nvicari
Default now the unit has been on for 3 days.

here is a pic and the vin,Merry Christmas.

Attached Thumbnails 06 Charger hemi,radio,nav,cd-charger-vin.jpg   06 Charger hemi,radio,nav,cd-chargr-radio.jpg  
Old 12-23-2012, 06:34 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you have any aftermarket add on to the Radio? such as Lock Pick kit and stuff? if you do, remove it.
Also, try pull the Battery terminal off for 5 minute, to reset all the computers.
Other wise... I afraid your dealer might be right.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 PM
nvicari
Default thanks for the reply

Nothing aftermarket,What is lock pick we dont have that,but sounds interesting.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:47 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is kits that expands the options which the factory radio doesn't provide. Such as Back up Camera, Watch DVD while you are driving on the highway, etc...
If there is nothing there, and disconnecting battery doesn't work, you might need a Radio. You can go with a cheaper aftermarket unit if you want

Quick Reply: 06 Charger hemi,radio,nav,cd