Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger coolant temp almost 240!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2018, 02:58 PM
charger5.7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charger coolant temp almost 240!

Hello all, I have a 2012 charger RT . Last week i noticed a weird smell and looked at my temp gauge and seen the car was overheating so i pulled over , opened my hood and seen coolant leaking from the coolant reservoir area. The shop i take my car to said one of the hoses was cold and should be hot and that i needed a new thermostat and see what happens from there. 3 days later while sitting in traffic with the AC on i noticed my car was running a little hot. The needle was half way inbetween the middle and the next line after the middle . So i checked my coolant temp and it said i was nearing about 238 degrees. Now my car only starts to overheat when the AC is on. When i turn it off it gradually goes down and when i turn it on it gradually goes up. What is this a sign of? Figured id post here to ask and get an idea before i take it to the shop and assume that everything they tell me is the truth

Old 07-04-2018, 12:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Are you low on coolant? Do you still have a leak?

Old 07-05-2018, 10:05 AM
charger5.7

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Are you low on coolant? Do you still have a leak?
No i do not have a leak anymore and im not low on coolant. Sorry for the late response

Old 07-05-2018, 05:22 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Maybe an air pocket left in the system yet. Not sure what the burp procedure on the Chargers is though.

Old 04-15-2024, 03:16 AM
christiankh
Default cooling fan check

Originally Posted by charger5.7
Hello all, I have a 2012 charger RT . Last week i noticed a weird smell and looked at my temp gauge and seen the car was overheating so i pulled over , opened my hood and seen coolant leaking from the coolant reservoir area. The shop i take my car to said one of the hoses was cold and should be hot and that i needed a new thermostat and see what happens from there. 3 days later while sitting in traffic with the AC on i noticed my car was running a little hot. The needle was half way inbetween the middle and the next line after the middle . So i checked my coolant temp and it said i was nearing about 238 degrees. Now my car only starts to overheat when the AC is on. When i turn it off it gradually goes down and when i turn it on it gradually goes up. What is this a sign of? Figured id post here to ask and get an idea before i take it to the shop and assume that everything they tell me is the truth
hello. i know the reply is late but i had a similar issue. it was the primary fan that was not working and all the load was on the secondary one that eventually couldn't take it and broke down. what happened ?

Quick Reply: Charger coolant temp almost 240!