Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2011 R/T charger AWD differential swap to srt8 differential

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 03:51 AM
Dre Day
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 R/T charger AWD differential swap to srt8 differential

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone might help me out with this question. I like doing burnouts and I have a device that can lock my AWD to RWD. My question is can I swap my differential for the SRT 8 differential without it causing a problem for the AWD system. The reason I ask is for the purposes of strong burnouts, as of the moment mine can only do a one sided burnout and not tto much smoke either. Your input is appreciated.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:30 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,339 Likes on 3,081 Posts

Just need to make sure it is the same gear ratio is on the one your are replacing.

Welcome to DF!

Old 08-20-2018, 09:29 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dre Day
Hi guys I was wondering if anyone might help me out with this question. I like doing burnouts and I have a device that can lock my AWD to RWD. My question is can I swap my differential for the SRT 8 differential without it causing a problem for the AWD system. The reason I ask is for the purposes of strong burnouts, as of the moment mine can only do a one sided burnout and not tto much smoke either. Your input is appreciated.
Physically yes, but the SRT ratio is 3.06; your AWD ratio should be 3.07 and they have to match or you can break things. I'm intrigued, what device do you have that shunts all the power to the rear diff?

Old 08-31-2018, 07:06 AM
Dre Day

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Just need to make sure it is the same gear ratio is on the one your are replacing.

Welcome to DF!

Thanks man really appreciate the warm welcome.

Old 08-31-2018, 07:08 AM
Dre Day

Originally Posted by HemiLonestar
Physically yes, but the SRT ratio is 3.06; your AWD ratio should be 3.07 and they have to match or you can break things. I'm intrigued, what device do you have that shunts all the power to the rear diff?

It's called a tazer, it allows linelocks, forced AWD or forced RWD. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:28 AM
tnucastehc
Banned

Originally Posted by Dre Day
It's called a tazer, it allows linelocks, forced AWD or forced RWD. Thanks for the info.
I'm familiar with it, but I thoguht that was only for the electronic transfer cases:
- Force RWD mode – for AWD cars/trucks, can keep in RWD or AWD, or return to normal automatic operation (2012-2017 Charger, 2014-2017 Jeep GC SRT, 2014-2017 Durango with electronic transfer case)
Honestly, this feature is much more intriguing:
- Cluster swap support for 15-17 cluster in 11-14 Charger.

Quick Reply: 2011 R/T charger AWD differential swap to srt8 differential