Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2019 Dodge Charger R/T

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 03:30 AM
vladc7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2019 Dodge Charger R/T

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a brand new 2019 Dodge Charger R/T, and everything is working perfectly fine, except one thing, as I was turning on my vehicle (with push to start button) it did NOT turn on smoothly as it usually does. As soon as I hit the start button it sounded like the engine was having a really hard time turning on, to the point where it even sounded like it was not going to turn on, fortunately it eventually did. After this incident I turned the vehicle off and on again to see if the same issue would happen again, thankfully it didn't, but I'm still definitely concerned why that might've happened.

When I purchased it at the dealership, it had just gotten out of the truck from delivery, only had 10 miles, so it was certainly new, however, I'm not sure why this would happen. I have a buddy that has a 2019 Dodge Charger 392 Daytona and he mentioned he only had this happen once, and never happened again after that.

With all that being said, basically I have two questions:

1.) Has anyone encountered this issue at all with the exact specs as my vehicle?

2.) If so, what exactly is the issue?

Hope this thread helps anyone that might've experienced this issue. Big thanks in advance!

Old 08-03-2019, 06:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Was it just turning over slow, or cranking for a long time? Did it make rude noises??

Old 08-03-2019, 07:14 PM
vladc7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Dodge Charger R/T

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Was it just turning over slow, or cranking for a long time? Did it make rude noises??
More of the second, it was taking a while to turn on but the sound was also as if it was struggling. Hasn’t happened since, but it just had me a bit worried why it would do that if it what’s “new.”

Old 08-03-2019, 08:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

Wonder if the battery was just weak from sitting around for a while......

Quick Reply: 2019 Dodge Charger R/T