Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

coolant circulation

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2019 | 09:39 PM
patroy37
|
Default coolant circulation

a year ago my friend bought a 2006 charger 3.5lt hi output. her heater was Luke warm and windows fogging. this week she had the heater core replaced, that is what she was told. car came back with same issue, i put it in my garage and ran the engine to temp, same thing barely any heat coming through. all hvac doors and actuators working.checked both rad hoses,no heat , thought it was thermostat, i replaced it, still the same hoses no heat. engine started to overheat and push coolant overflow, thought i had a air lock, open pet **** on top of engine, didn't make a difference. i am thinking possibly water pump or head gasket.

Old 12-23-2019 | 10:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

You can test for combustion gases in the coolant, most any auto parts store should have the test kit. (you rent it, but pay for the chemicals.) Water pump is another real possibility. Are the heater hoses getting hot?

Old 12-23-2019 | 06:16 PM
patroy37
|
Default coolant circulation

FINALY got it going. parked vehicle backwards hill and on ramps, MAJOR air lock. engine runs like a top , heat coming through HVAC. now i can sleep well tonight. thanks for your ideas guys.

Quick Reply: coolant circulation