Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Charger/dodge GPS/NAV Radio 10 yr old maps

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:57 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charger/dodge GPS/NAV Radio 10 yr old maps

I support you IXLR8, that would not be right.

I want a copy! [sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 09-21-2006, 06:40 PM
BigBananna3796of4000
Captain

I dont even think Katy is 10 yrs old let aloone having updated maps of the city. That town sprung up over night, also waht is the deal w/ people not wearing shoes and socks?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:10 PM
IXLR8
Veteran

I'm just saying that in comparison to all of the available GPS based in car mapping systems that I compared at the beginning of this year, Dodge has the oldest and least accurate data on their DVD. I plow through a field every morning on the way to work according to the GPS, and the road has existed for the 5 years that I have lived there. There has been a lot of construction in my area over the last 20 years I will give you that. My house is 27 years old, so at least MY street is correct.

NAVTEQ/Dodge could have done a much better job.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:19 PM
BigBananna3796of4000
Captain

What do you think of the Stereo quality of your Sirrius?

I love Sirius but the stereo quality stinks.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Lateral-G
Professional

The DVD for the Nav system is based on 2003 data. Hardly 10 years old.

I also received the brochure in the mail for the $199 upgrade disc and I agree it's pretty steep. But, keep in mind this is for the entire US. I had a GPS system I bought for the wife's van and it would have cost more than that to download the entire US plus the fact that you had to store the data on an SD card that would require over 8 gigs of memory storage (a card that size would set you back $100 easily plus having to pay for the maps to d/l off the web).

I have 3 Dodge vehicles now with GPS/NAV systems. I'll probably get 1 of the advertised DVD's then burn copies for the other vehicles. For me that's a bargain.

-G-

Old 09-21-2006, 11:11 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Katy has been around for years. I use to travel there when I was w/Conoco (early 80s). It was the place to be back then and hasn't changed.

<edit> It hasn't changed in the aspect that it's growing. I'm sure it's different than it was 20+ years ago.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:21 AM
IXLR8
Veteran

If the current system is based on 2003 data, then it must have taken them 5 years to type it in. I am not doubting your reply, just their information.

Sirius Satellite sound quality? I think is somewhere between AM and FM quality. Fairly poor for a digital system. However if you listen to Howard Stern, his show has excellent audio quality. They must have stolen bandwidth from all of the other 150 stations so that Howard would sound good. Te music sounds to me like an MP3 file recorded at 64Kbit, too low a bitrate for decent audio quality. Why not drop 50 stations, get rid of 20 or 25 pop stations, and replace them with 5 good ones with excellent audio quality with the leftover bits

I am not renewing my Sirius subscription when it expires. The only channels I listen to are the comedy channels 103, 104, 105 and they have commercials! Why am I paying for radio with commercials? Well actually I am not, and I won't. I do not mind the idea of paying at all. Just get rid of the commercials.

Well I have beat this one to death. If anyone gets a new DVD, please post your comments...

Old 09-23-2006, 03:47 AM
topbanna3767
Captain

what we should do is get someone to buy it and then make copies and spread them around for a nominal fee

Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

this might or might not be of any help but my mom has an 05 Chrysler town and country limited with the dvd gps thingie (technical term for it) and we have been all through the southern U.S. with that and all over the state of texas and it has excellent turn by turn directions, if you miss an exit it will automatically reroute you with the next best route, and even in the middle of nowhere in some small town in louisiana we still had correct maps. i dont know if this is the same system or a different system than yall have in yalls cars but it certainly works fine for us. maybe if the systems are the same yall can ask the dealership for a dvd to an 05 T&C and get it working. whenever i take trips in my truck by myself (no gps) i just use mapquest print out a map and then print out a page with turn by turn directions on it and go over them several times before i leave (usually i can memorize them) and have no problems getting there but i understand yalls frustration at spending such a large amount of money and getting something that doesnt work as advertised. good luck getting it straightened out. if yall want ill look tomorrow and see if i can find out what kind of gps my mom has in her van that might help yall out some.

Old 09-27-2006, 10:25 AM
BOBLOM
Professional

I HVE TO AGREE WITH ONE OF THE POSTERS. I BOUGHT MY 05 CONT. AND THE NAV WAS OUTDATED. I TOLD MY SALESMAN AND HE LOOKED FOR A DIFFERENT DISK OUT OF A DIFFERENT MODLE AND UPDATED MY CAR. THEN HAD THE SERVICE DEPT ORDER ME A NEW ONE. CRAP HAPPENS,SOMEONE COULD HAVE LOADED THE OLDER DISK ON LINE AT THE FACTORY BY MISTAKE.GIVE THEM A CHANCE,MY STEALER(DEALER) WAS QUITE HELPFULL ONCE THEY KNEW OF THE PROBLEM........ STEALER IS A TERM US HD OWNERS USE ABOUT OUR DEALER.[IMG][/ima[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Charger/dodge GPS/NAV Radio 10 yr old maps