Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 charger. Anti theft has me locked out and my key for has never worked

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 03:10 AM
Samanthang15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 charger. Anti theft has me locked out and my key for has never worked

Hello. I have a 2006 dodge charger. I own 1 key for this car. I've had this car for about 8 years. The key fob has never worked the whole time that I have owned the vehicle. Tonight my anti theft system locked my car up. It is also throwing the codes P0633 and P0513. Why would it be doing this all of a sudden? I never knew the key could affect the vehicle especially since the fob has never worked. I am looking on how to reset or bypass the ant theft system WITHOUT having to get a new key. Please help!

Old 03-03-2024, 08:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,189 Likes on 2,942 Posts

Key not programmed, or Wrong key. Apparently, the car either forgot about the key..... or, it's time for a new key. I think at the very least, you are going to have to have the car programmed to your existing key..... Might try calling around to local locksmiths, see if any of them have the capability of doing so..... Other alternative I supposed, would be having it towed to the dealer...

Quick Reply: 2006 charger. Anti theft has me locked out and my key for has never worked