Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Charger - Dealer Installed UConnect RV Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006 | 01:03 PM
CaliforniaSteve
Default RE: 2006 Charger - Dealer Installed UConnect RV Mirror

Here is a great source for information on the U-connect, auto dimming and rain sensors options.
Harness Info
How to info and pricing.

Old 07-03-2006 | 09:11 PM
Hemi57
Default RE: 2006 Charger - Dealer Installed UConnect RV Mirror

Here is an update on my trials and travails of trying to add a factory option after the car has left the factory.

I called Dodge directly and they provided absolutely no assistance. Their only advice was to ask the dealer.

After weeks of talking to the "experts" at the dealership (none of whom agreed with each other) I decided that, because nobody had done this particular upgrade and nobody would guarantee that it could be done without affecting something else, I ordered the aftermarket UConnect system out of the MOPAR catalog (I was not keen on being the guinea pig for this experiment) for $269.99 from the MOPAR Superstore. Installation requires cutting into wiring harnesses so I took it down to the dealership. It took them about 2 hours to install.

I have had the unit installed for about a week and took it on a road trip to Milwaukee over the weekend. I must say that it works better than I expected. It hooks into the audio system and mutes the radio when making or receiving a call. The sound is good but I have to close the sunroof so I can be heard clearly when speaking. The instructions suggest installing the microphone on the driver's map light but I went for the upper left corner of the winshield. Bluetooth pairing with my Blackberry was a snap. The only drawback is that the control panel had to be glued to the dash. I have it mounted just above and to the left of the radio.

My next car will have the UConnect installed at the factory. But all in all, I am pleased with the outcome so far. If you do a lot of driving and talking, I would recommend this unit.

Keep the shiny side up.....

Quick Reply: 2006 Charger - Dealer Installed UConnect RV Mirror