Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Well, got it back.

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Velryba
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, got it back.

Oh, fingers hurts from having them crossed for you the whole weekend And now I know that it didn't even helped.

I don't believe that it has anything to do with tyres or wheels, as it happens only when car (wheels) moves vertically.

Dave, don't you have a performance or racing garage near by, not dodge, I would go and asked them for an opinion, or just another garage. Not to say what has been done or changed or checked, but simply ask them to drive it and to look for the shake in the steering and they might come up with some idea.

Also when going over holes and bumps, there is a movement in the bushes, which yours should be still new-ish, but could be soft and therefore to have the couple secs of "wiggle". Normally for performance you change the rubber ones for silicone.

[&:] This is like looking for a needle in the hay stack, but at least there is something to talk about

Old 08-14-2006, 11:22 PM
Dirttbagg

Dave . I once read an article about a long term test update . on the Charger, the people doing the testing stated thet they had to replace the front stabilizer bar bushings due to wear under 30,000 mi. They claimed the front end had momentary shaking after bumps, this info was found in motor trend or car and driver. Can't remember which . worth checking out. as far as the dealer goes i had a Stratus rt coupe bad vibration at idle ..Dealer said things are fine. I popped the hood throttled it very hard several times with service manager watching.. The motor nearly jumped out at him Turns out i had three broken motor mounts.. Wich they fixed.
Seems like they only see what they want to see. This car was on the rack two times for this problem in the same week.. They found nothing wrong until i showed them.. maybe just my dealer? Or maybe just yours?

Old 08-15-2006, 03:27 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

I've read about similar problems which turned out to be contaminated (water) transmission fluid. The symptoms included a vibration that comes and goes and is not isolated to a particular speed, also there was a differnt exhaust noise. The exhaust drone sounds was the lock-up torque converter chattering.

There's a TSB (21-011-15) on this issue.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

dirttbagg - that's what I have - momentary shaking after hitting bumps - not always, but it seems sharp-edged bumps, like man-hole covers that are sunk down a couple inches because of street resurfacing. It's a shame cause I really love the car and to have something like this is unthinkable.

Mango, the vibration/shaking is felt/seen in the steering wheel. It, too, is not speed sensitive, just bump sensitive .

dave

Old 08-15-2006, 05:08 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Another tidbit, someone having shakes took off the tabs on the lugs which hold the rotor and their problem went away. That was more of an out of balance shake.

I'm hoping one of these will help expidite resolving your "shakes".

Old 08-15-2006, 08:58 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MangoInTX

Another tidbit, someone having shakes took off the tabs on the lugs which hold the rotor and their problem went away. That was more of an out of balance shake.

I'm hoping one of these will help expidite resolving your "shakes".

Could it be, might it be, an "age" thing?

dave

Old 08-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Daytona RT
Professional

I dunno Dave, Ya sure its not those high dolla magna-flow..... ? I hear some folks have an unusual & unnatural relationship with those magnaflow exhaust. Might be the shakes is just amorous tension.. I remember a little indian gal made me feel that way.. Kinda on again off again.. Just a thought.. [:-]

Old 08-16-2006, 01:53 AM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Agreed Dave, it's a crying shame.

I haven’t read the TSB yet but it sounds like a design flaw in the fill tube where it seals into the tranny. I think their supposed to fill/flush the tranny 3 times and then seal up the fill tube “problem” area with some type of idiot sealer.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Scott06HEMI
Professional

Tell ya what kind of problem I'm having. I have an 07 R/T and when it hits 35mph its feels like it starts to shimmy, it gets worse at 37mph and then gone by 40mph. Dealership said tires, goodyear replaced and its still did it. Dealership said new tires were bad, they were, goodyear replaced. Now Tires are GOOD, still have the shimmy at the exact same speed. any ideas?

Old 11-06-2007, 05:25 PM
733subvet
Rookie

got a 07 R/T with aftermarket rims and mine shakes from 35ish on !
I have had the car aligned already after the rims were put on. have a set of FIRESTONE FIREHAWK GT's on order and hopefully that will solve my shake issue
gotta keep an eye on it after friday and will post if i have anymore issues

Quick Reply: Well, got it back.