Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Well, got it back.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Well, got it back.

Wow! this is an old thread - well, here's what's been happening. I ordered and had installed Pedder springs. They lowered the car some, and stiffened up the suspension. Shaking is gone. The springs over power the shocks and struts (still stock), but will get the new Pedders damping units soon. The stock struts and shocks just plain and simply SUCK on the standard R/Ts. Even though it is sprung "tighter", it is much more controlled now, and I don't get the shaking that started this whole thread. As said, the new springs ttend to overpower the stock damping units, but there is even less feeling of small bumps through the steering wheel, yet, there is still good feed back from the road. It's weird - kind of hard to explain.

There seems to be some question regarding alignment problems for these cars. I haven't looked deep into it yet, but I'm thinking it probably has something to do with bump steer. The Pedders package consists of all new bushings (front and rear), as well as new tie rod ends, "to correct alignment problems". I noticed today that Eibach has new tie rod ends available now, too. Why? On a model this new would there be aftermarket tie rod ends already? I don't know the supposed alignment "problems" are. I know these are supposed to have LAST generation Mercedes suspension on them. If so, it wasn't very good to begin with. I'm beginning to think that the old DCX just put something on that would "work" but not be exactly right.

dave

Old 11-06-2007, 06:52 PM
MangoInTX
Charger Moderator

Hey Dave I see where peddlers is growing their LX product line... they havea coil over kit now.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Scott06HEMI
Professional

Did is shake before you changed rims? I think one of my rims is bad because when the tires are rotated, the problem is not as bad and I'm thinking its because when the bad rim is on the front, the steering absorbs some of the shimmy. I'm curious if it did it when you had the stock rims on it.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Yeah, I'm talking with their North American President now. I've asked him for permission to copy into here an e-mail he sent me about what all they can do now. They replace all kinds of bushings, new struts and shocks, etc. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some "stuff" here. He talks about bump steer as well - something I thought all along was in excess in my car anyway.

dave

Quick Reply: Well, got it back.