Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

Aussie Dodge AT4 info and specs

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 05:10 AM
butch631
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi david i am after the wiring from the steering colum to the flasher unit if you could email me any thing that would be great butch631@hotmail.com regards Andrew

Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 AM
streetstripsalt

Hey guys

Came across your great website when doing some research on a customers truck they brought in for restoration / modification. Trucks, even in this light form, are a little outside of our normal play area but I have always liked the look of these Dodges (the loacal green grocer had one when I was a boy!) and Im pretty confident we can make it into a real nice ride for the boys at Endeavour Beer.

The truck has Dodge compliance plates, says it's a '72 AT4. The chassis number seems to support this. However the bonnet badge and the steering wheel badge are both International Harvester. As is the front sheetmetal. Photos can be found here www.streetstripsaltspeed.com/beer-truck.php It has a 4 speed manual in it and the engine is a V8. The customer was told it was a 318, which I assumed was a Mopar motor, however it appears to have a IH logo cast into the side of the block. Based on some info garnered from the forum over at HCVC I believe IH cast some blocks for Chrysler. Reading through this post however it appears that based on the chassis number the vehicle was originally a 6 cylinder??? Original colour appears to have been a darkish green. Also not sure if the disc brake setup is original or aftermarket??? Any help identifying this motor (Im wondering what performance parts will fit???) or anything else to do with the history of this truck and these trucks in general, and exactly what we might have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Craig
Street Strip Salt Speed!

Old 10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
butch631

Hi David i am after the wiring diagram for the flashers the wires have been cut on the bottom of the steering coulum and i need to trace it all as i can not get the right hand ind to work. regards Andrew

Old 10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
butch631

Hi Craig Check the front of the left hand chassis rail it should have a AT4- number that will tell you if it is a dodge as for the rest of it the dash is dodge and the front is inter as well as the lights and steering wheel Regards Andrew

Old 10-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Hillside Park
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by butch631
Hi David i am after the wiring diagram for the flashers the wires have been cut on the bottom of the steering coulum and i need to trace it all as i can not get the right hand ind to work. regards Andrew
Hi Andrew, David is away in the Territory on deployment with the SACFS fighting the bush fires out from Alice Springs. He's asked me to let you know he'll get back to you with the information once he's returned sometime week commencing 17 October. Sorry for the delay and hope this does not inconvenience you. Best regards... Tess

Old 10-16-2011, 10:59 PM
Hillside Park

Originally Posted by Hillside Park
Hi Andrew, David is away in the Territory on deployment with the SACFS fighting the bush fires out from Alice Springs. He's asked me to let you know he'll get back to you with the information once he's returned sometime week commencing 17 October. Sorry for the delay and hope this does not inconvenience you. Best regards... Tess
Hi Andrew,

The only wire/s coming out of the bottom of the steering column will be for the horn. You should find three wires (red, yellow & green) coming out of the top of the steering column just in under the dash and behind the steering column support. These three wires connect to a six post terminal fitting. I've checked the wiring diagram in the manual and visually checked my 1970 AT4. Can you confirm this first part on your AT4 and let me know; then I'll launch into the next step. Alternatively, call 0417820133......regards, David

Old 10-19-2011, 03:15 AM
butch631

Hi David my 318? in my AT4 575 has made in brazil on the right hand side of the blook is this a 318 or some thing else Andrew

Old 10-20-2011, 04:21 AM
Hillside Park

Originally Posted by butch631
Hi David my 318? in my AT4 575 has made in brazil on the right hand side of the blook is this a 318 or some thing else Andrew
Hi Andrew, This one has thrown me so I'll have to spend some time looking into it - maybe a week. How did you get on with the wiring for the indicators? regards, David

Old 10-20-2011, 05:28 AM
butch631

Hi David i have them working but need to look at it more as the last owner cut the wires off at the steering colum so looing at the top of the steering wheel and making sure its all there to make it work again.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Hillside Park

Hi Andrew. I have recorded allteh block casting marks on my AT4 - 318 and will find a way to get them to you. I can find no reference to chysler manufacturiung the 1967 - 1972 A series small block 318 V8's outside of the USA, so I cannot explain your engine any further. Chrysler consistantly used the same identifying engine block codes over many decades. The markings recorded part number (which included capacity in the numering system), engine series indentifier, foundry location (in USA), month, day, year and time of casting. If the block does not have a pentastar logo in the casting on both sides, then in all prpobability it is not a chrysler engine. My information is not necessarily 100% correct as it is getting harder to find reliable sources for the Australian sold product. Sorry I could not be more definitive.... regards, David

Quick Reply: Aussie Dodge AT4 info and specs