Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

War Horse

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 02:37 PM
braslamat
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default War Horse

Hello Everyone-

SO after contacting Dodge for information and still empty handed I was directed to try the forums to see if I would be able to get any Information on this truck. I recently bought it not knowing anything but hat it is a short bed 4x4 power wagon then seen that the seats matched the paint job on the side. I tried to look up information and was only able to find 2 other pictures of a Dodge truck with this same design. I want to call it a war horse but it didn't have the tailgate or any badges saying it was.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The following users liked this post:
MtnTow (08-27-2023)
Old 05-07-2019, 06:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

I can't say as I have ever seen anything like that. Certainly is unique. I expect that you won't be able to find replacement decals/seat material for that.

Certainly does appear to be a warhorse though. Might try contacting dodge customer service, and see if they can pull a build sheet for ya. (have your vin handy.)

Old 05-08-2019, 06:27 AM
braslamat

Thanks for the input, I reached out to Customer service and they tried to look it up but said they can't go back that far and gave me an email address for the FCA Group saying they might be able to help. Sent the email off and get it returned for a closed account... Back to square one lol. I think next I will contact the FCA Group and see what comes back. As far as the seat material I was able to find a place that can reproduce it for me but I need to get permission from Dodge as it isn't my own design. I was able to find a tailgate for it this last weekend and it even happens to be the same color so I guess a little light in the tunnel

Old 05-08-2019, 08:42 AM
braslamat

After some searching I was able to find a contact information on historical request for Dodge incase anyone else is looking

Historical Services:

Due to the high volume of requests, Historical Services requests that all inquiries be submitted by mail or fax. With all requests, please provide your name, contact information and specific request. A confirmation email or letter will not be sent.

Address:

Historical Services

12501 Chrysler Freeway

CIMS: 410-11-21

Detroit, MI 48288 USA

Fax: 313-252-2928

Old 05-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Are they bench or bucket seats? A lot of these type of unique trucks where done under the "adult toys" vehicles. Info on some of them are scares. I looked through all the factory documentation for my truck and nothing. I did see only one other truck like mine and it was driving on the same road i was. The owner asked me to pull over so we could talk. I checked the vin on both trucks and they where with in a thousand units of one another. He took a pic(film camera back then) one behind the other on the street. I wish i kept in touch with him so i could have gotten a copy of the pic. This was close to 30 years ago and ever seen another truck like it anywhere(and scouring the net also) since. I did find a fragment of the original build sheet. You may want to look under the carpet/mat/seats for yours. I never tried to contact Chrysler for info. I imagine the "adult toys" vehicles where subbed out to somebody. The paint design on mine is air brushed paint not a decal.

A film pic after some fun in the mud.

How it sits today

Old 05-08-2019, 10:31 AM
braslamat

The seats are buckets with the "jump" seat in the middle. The designs on mine is also painted on and not a decal could tell by the door jams how the color faded out in them. I'll add a picture showing that. I did find a sheet on the under side of the hood but it didn't have anything along the lines of a "war horse". I plan on checking under the seats and carpet today will let you know what i find. Also on the door panels there is a pocket near the speakers with the same design.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

It's was probably an option package, so, there should be a code for it. Chat with the dealer, or Dodge, and see if you can get a build sheet for your truck.

Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 PM
braslamat

Update-

After faxing the historical services a request of information I received an email just saying to look for service manuals or sales brochures, which I found the available sales brochures online already without any mention of the war horse. going to go to the local dealer and see if they would be of any help.

I searched under the seats and haven't pulled the carpet as of yet still have a few projects in line before I dig deep into this one, but no luck finding the build sheet.

Old 06-30-2019, 08:04 PM
77 Warhorse
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had one just like it. It is indeed a Warhorse. I have been looking for another one for a while now. I was thinking of just getting a 77 and having it painted like the original. Can I ask where you found it?

Old 06-30-2019, 08:07 PM
77 Warhorse
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Are they bench or bucket seats? A lot of these type of unique trucks where done under the "adult toys" vehicles. Info on some of them are scares. I looked through all the factory documentation for my truck and nothing. I did see only one other truck like mine and it was driving on the same road i was. The owner asked me to pull over so we could talk. I checked the vin on both trucks and they where with in a thousand units of one another. He took a pic(film camera back then) one behind the other on the street. I wish i kept in touch with him so i could have gotten a copy of the pic. This was close to 30 years ago and ever seen another truck like it anywhere(and scouring the net also) since. I did find a fragment of the original build sheet. You may want to look under the carpet/mat/seats for yours. I never tried to contact Chrysler for info. I imagine the "adult toys" vehicles where subbed out to somebody. The paint design on mine is air brushed paint not a decal.

A film pic after some fun in the mud.

How it sits today

I was told a company in Indiana did them.

Quick Reply: War Horse