Dodge Dakota The tough, mid size pickup, the Dodge Dakota. The Dodge Dakota has everything the big boys do with a mid size truck price.

lower dodge dakota 4x4 98 help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006 | 03:57 AM
norvak
Default lower dodge dakota 4x4 98 help!

Hi, I'm new in this site , and I need some help.
I owe a dakota 98 6 cyl. 3.9 4x4 and I'm lokking to lower the front and rear 3/4 inch
is any one have some experiance w/this ?
any help I"ll apriciate !!!!!!

Old 08-19-2006 | 03:36 PM
erock92kota
Professional
Default RE: lower dodge dakota 4x4 98 help!

First question......why would you want to lower a 4wd vehicle.

I would imagine that you would go about in the same manner as lowering any vehicle. Up front I would do a lil research and see what the stock 2wd springs might get ya. If they will fit or what not. Whether or not they are different as far as ride height. But normally a set of springs would get ya where you want to be. Possibly there are lower control arms available. If youre good with a welder you could always modify them. But thats a vital componet there I wouldnt go playing with too much.

In the rear end I would look for a set of drop hangers. Or set of shackles. Something of that nature. I may be wrong but I think your rear axle is mounted below the leaf springs. So I dont think a set of blocks would work for what you want to do here. I really dont like to use them things anyways so...... but if your axle is on top of the springs. The quickest and easiest thing to do would be a set of blocks under the axle housing.

All in all I would make sure that the front driveshaft doesnt run into any issues as well as the rear. I wouldnt expect any but I would still check into it. I would also recommend an alignment.

Quick Reply: lower dodge dakota 4x4 98 help!