Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

Bluetooth streaming Audio Problem

Old 06-20-2014, 10:05 PM
tman1981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth streaming Audio Problem

I'm driving a 2014 Dart. The Bluetooth connects to my phone but the connection randomly drop. It does it fairly often and has become annoying. I have seen others complain about it but no fixes. Anyone else have this issue?

Old 06-24-2014, 02:13 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tman1981
I'm driving a 2014 Dart. The Bluetooth connects to my phone but the connection randomly drop. It does it fairly often and has become annoying. I have seen others complain about it but no fixes. Anyone else have this issue?
tman1981,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear your system is dropping calls.

Have you been experiencing dropped calls since you purchased the Dart, or has the issue just recently presented itself?

In some cases a compatibility issue may be present between the Uconnect software and the phone operating system.

What kind of phone are you using?

Old 06-24-2014, 02:39 PM
tman1981

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
tman1981,

Welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear your system is dropping calls.

Have you been experiencing dropped calls since you purchased the Dart, or has the issue just recently presented itself?

In some cases a compatibility issue may be present between the Uconnect software and the phone operating system.

What kind of phone are you using?

Thanks for the response. So far, no calls have been dropped. The issue is with the Bluetooth streaming audio. The connection when playing music will drop out and I have to reconnect the streaming audio. This started happening right after getting the car. I am using an iPhone 4 with the most recent operating system available.

Old 06-25-2014, 07:21 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which radio do you have? If you're not dropping any calls, then it shouldn't be a BT issue. When you say the "connection drops" does the BT icon on the radio display disappear and then comes back?

Old 06-25-2014, 08:55 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Thanks for the response. So far, no calls have been dropped. The issue is with the Bluetooth streaming audio. The connection when playing music will drop out and I have to reconnect the streaming audio. This started happening right after getting the car. I am using an iPhone 4 with the most recent operating system available.
tman1981,

Do you have any other devices paired with the bluetooth on our Iphone, or other devices paired with your Uconnect system?

In some cases resetting your phone and Uconnect to factory settings and performing the pairing process from scratch can alleviate bugs or glitches that have been causing intermittent issues.

Have you had a chance to speak with your dealer?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:54 AM
tman1981

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Which radio do you have? If you're not dropping any calls, then it shouldn't be a BT issue. When you say the "connection drops" does the BT icon on the radio display disappear and then comes back?

I have the 200/RAE radio with Sirrus. What happens is that the audio is streaming from my phone but the BT symbols disappers on the radio and I lose the streaming and the radio starts playing.

Old 06-25-2014, 11:55 AM
tman1981

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
tman1981,

Do you have any other devices paired with the bluetooth on our Iphone, or other devices paired with your Uconnect system?

In some cases resetting your phone and Uconnect to factory settings and performing the pairing process from scratch can alleviate bugs or glitches that have been causing intermittent issues.

Have you had a chance to speak with your dealer?

Nothing else is paired with the system. I can reset my phone to factory settings. Can I reset the Uconnect? I have not yet talked to the dealer. I have had the car now for only a week. I was hoping there was a simple fix otherwise I will go back to the dealer next week.

Old 06-25-2014, 02:20 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker

Nothing else is paired with the system. I can reset my phone to factory settings. Can I reset the Uconnect? I have not yet talked to the dealer. I have had the car now for only a week. I was hoping there was a simple fix otherwise I will go back to the dealer next week.
tman1981,

You can try removing your phone from the Uconnect system completely, and pairing again once you've restored your phone.

If the system continues lose connection, a demonstration of the issue at your dealer will aid the diagnosis.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:07 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's try the easiest thing first before you go to the factory resetting of either device or deleting the pairing of the 2 devices. I'd like to point out that when a phone is having random issues such as this then the first thing you'll want to do is a simple reboot of the phone. If you have already reset the phone, then it'll most likely start performing correctly because the reset of the phone is a hard reboot. I have found that the phones of today need to be rebooted occasionally just like our laptops and PC's. I have the IPhone 5S now and have had the 4S as well. I have been rebooting them both for issues other than BT related issues. There are times that I don't get any notifications of incoming calls or text messages when I am out of the car.
After I do a reboot of the phone everything works correctly.

1) A rebooting of the phone is the easiest thing to first try and it doesn't delete any of your stored data, pictures or contacts.
2) A rebooting of the phone is not the same as simply turning the phone off and then back on.
3) A rebooting of cell phones are needed on ALL Smartphones, (BlackBerry, IPhone's, Android, Windows etc).
4) I personally reboot my IPhone randomly just to keep from having issues, I also have my kids reboot their Samsung S3's and my wife's S4 randomly as well.
The reason why we need to reboot the phones (and some need it more often than others) is because when we open an APP and then leave the APP, we assume that it's now closed. But they're not, they are still open and working in the background. Once there are several open APP's, the phones processor starts slowing down and the phone doesn't work properly.

A) On phones where the battery is accessible, remove it for a couple minutes then reinsert it. The phone will now reboot.
B) On Motorola Droids with the Android version ICS, hold the volume down button for 3 seconds, then press the power button till the phone resets, this will be a reboot.
C) On IPhone's, press the home and power buttons till the Apple comes up on the screen, then release the buttons, the phone will reboot.
D) On the HTC phones, I only know of having to do a factory reset. But I do have an email out looking for more info on a reboot.

**** There are some phones that I have not yet figured out how to do a reboot on but I am looking into getting more information on them.*****

So the next time when the phone starts acting up, try a reboot. Ok, it'll most likely help.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:49 AM
tman1981

I unpaired the phone and reset it about two days ago. So far, it has only dropped the streaming audio once. Hopefully the issue is resolved.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bluetooth streaming Audio Problem