Dodge Dart The Dodge Dart forum is the place for all Dart 2013+ Owners Discussion

5 Years, So anybody tackled their thermostat yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Eclektq
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 Years, So anybody tackled their thermostat yet?

2013 2.0 Rallye......And it's time for the radiator flush, New upper lower radiator hoses and to be safe...Thermostat.
Anyone tackle this yet? Would appreciate any info on this. Took it a dealer one time for an oil change when I had
broken my arm and would have been better off letting a bunch of trade school kids at it.....Tangs on the access doorwhere outside the plate.....And when I pulled it off to reinstall it.......These so called "Pros" Had spilled what appeared to the entire contents of the old oil filter inside the main bottom cover......Needless to say, I was beside myself....If you ever run into this, Starting fluid is the best thing to cut and reduce the oil to nothing.....But BEWARE, Starting is fluid is beyond flammable, And must be used in a exceptionally well ventilated spacious area and it's main component is ether, And it will put you silly in a heartbeat........Oh my, Did I blather there? Ordering the parts today, And will check back to see if anybody can give a heads up if there are any bug-a-boos to look for......Hoping it's a straight ahead procedure.....THANKS!!

Old 12-26-2017, 06:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Brake Cleaner, or carb cleaner works good too, and aren't quite as hazardous.

Quick Reply: 5 Years, So anybody tackled their thermostat yet?