Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Windshield replacement nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 01:17 PM
08DodgeAve
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SO whatever happened with Safelite?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
89turbodaytoner
Unhappy I hear your pain...

Hope this got resolved at last. I also am in need of the "hockey stick" shaped piece that goes on the doors and wraps around the rear view mirrors. any help appreciated and i need to investigate a couple of links i read throughout this thread. dang curious how ur situation worked out. just had safeline do a minor repair on mine and had been forwarned about the damages that can occur when replacing windshield on these cars, ESPECIALLY if u have t-tops like we do. Bruce

Old 02-15-2010, 08:38 AM
damageincracing
Professional

THE SAFELITE SAGA IS OVER! I got a call from the Ohio BBB about 5 months ago asking if this had been resolved and I told them that Safelite wouldn't even return my calls. That was on a friday. The following monday I got a call from a new safelite guy, wanting to know what all was needed to get this resolved. After telling him the short version of what had gone on up to that point, he told me that Mr. Nathan Holley had been canned because of this issue, and this new guy (Alfonse) had gotten the clearance and would be doing WHATEVER IT TOOK to get this resolved. So, he sent me the trim parts, and I found a place that would put them on. Unfortunately, when the safelite installer idiot put the windshield in, he used the windshield urethane to "glue" the a-post door seal to the a-post. It had to be removed to replace the trim, so new weatherseal was needed. After much searching I located the seals, safelite bought them, had them shipped to me, and the windshield guy came out and it took him almost 3 hours to remove the seals, fix the trim mess, and reinstall the door/t-top seals. Total, I think safelite dropped close to $850 just on parts, plus close to $300-$400 in labor to this guy that installed everything, so my written estimate of $1300 from 2 years ago was pretty dang close... BUT- Now the car looks like it did before safelite screwed it up, no leaks, and I can move on to the paint job that has been delayed 2 years because of this.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
exline
Rookie

thats crazy, i am glad you got everything fixed now though.

Quick Reply: Windshield replacement nightmare