Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

New to forum, new to dodge.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 04:06 AM
MADDEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to forum, new to dodge.

should be able to get compression tester at any part store or sears. use is fairly simple

Old 07-01-2005, 03:58 AM
Pr0jeCt

yeah, i havent gotten to any of this yet, too many other problems with stuff.. uh i just now pulled codes.. 12,16, and 42. im not worried about 12...16 prolly has to do with my battery bein dead...

42 Automatic shutdown relay circuit open or shorted
42 Fuel pump relay control circuit
42 Fuel level unit - no change over miles
OR
42 Z1 voltage missing when autoshutdown circuit energized (SEE NOTE #6)

http://www.allpar.com/fix/80s-codes.html

can soemone read from that site and explain a lil more as to what 42 might be.. what i gather from (note #6) might be my accell problem..

Its odd.. 2 times now i have started my car.. and have to floor it to keep it at like 200 rpm.. (approx) sometimes i start it and it goes right to normal but still has the chugging problem when i gas it.. Im so confused right now.

Old 07-09-2005, 10:36 PM
Pr0jeCt

I know im slow.. sorry..no video or audio yet.. but i know for sure.. my pcv valve is bad.. thats a start i guess.. and from the code 42 i would say i need to replace my automatic shutdown relay.. but i dont know where its at.. I got a diagram of the location from alldatapro.com but still haveing trouble finding it

Quick Reply: New to forum, new to dodge.