Dodge Daytona The G platform cars that are to this day, fun sporty machines that car modding enthusiasts love to get their hands on, the Dodge Daytona and Chrysler Laser.

Blow off

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:24 PM
metalaxeman88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blow off

Umm, I was wondering how I would go about putting a nice Blow off on my Daytona Shelby? Anyone done it before? How involved is it? Cost?
-Mike

Old 07-22-2004, 03:00 AM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran
Default RE: Blow off

Its pretty easy. I'm assuming that you have a TII Intercooled model because the TI's already have one (88+). You can see how I did it on my 92 GTC here: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/594379/1 or a better pic showing the lower tube that you will need to get is here:

Old 07-22-2004, 04:49 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You haven't replaced that ribbed hose with a straight one yet? What did you do with the vacuum line that went into the factory air box up front, the one that has two lines T'd into the one that attaches to the air box? And did you use the common PCV vacuum source for your BOV? The reason for the questions is that I was going to get rid of all that ugly factory BS under the hood of the one I sold to my ex-stepbrother and was wondering about these parts. I'm going to use a slightly mandrel bent pipe for the top intercooler hose and attached by short pieces of hose, much like the one you have on your throttle body, and also a pipe and K & N cone race filter for the turbo side, much like yours. Naturally after hearing my SRT-4 with my BOV on it, he really wants one as well now. I always wanted to do this stuff to it when it was mine, but I never got around to it. Did you notice much of a difference in your car after you did that stuff to yours?

Old 07-22-2004, 01:52 PM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran

With that ribbed hose, its been proven that the ribbed hose has no loss over straight. Strange but true. I put the PCV lines into that little filter aft of the BOV.

I didn't notice a difference really. The turbo didn't try to backspool and that was the idea. I actually dont like that cone filter behind the I/c, but thats all I could do.

Old 07-22-2004, 11:36 PM
metalaxeman88
Professional

I dont understand how it would still function bypassing the ecu like that or is it, the top hose is from the intercooler to the throttle body but what else is there?
-Mike

Old 07-23-2004, 04:42 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

The PCM is a sealed computer and it only draws air through it's housing, there are no sensors or anything like a mass air set up in it. If you take the two halves apart you will see this and know what I'm talking about. I have no idea why the bothered to set it up that way, but they did and it only serves to allow the turbo to draw in cooler air from in front of the radiator instead of behind it.[sm=smiley2.gif]

Old 07-23-2004, 04:48 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I have seen several different set ups and they seem to vary here and there. They really didn't leave any room for one to work with in these cars thats for sure. The only way I can see to get actual cold air into it is to use a front mount intercooler and run the intake pipe through where the stock intercooler use to be, just like the intercooler pipes would.

Old 07-23-2004, 01:36 PM
GTCandGTSturbo
Veteran

You could cut a hole in the hood and mount a scoop, but I've only seen racers do this, not a daily driver.

Old 07-24-2004, 09:40 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

That would be a bit extreme for a daily driver not to mention an oddly located scoop. He's just going to have to live with a better flowing warm air induction.

Old 07-24-2004, 08:31 PM
metalaxeman88
Professional

Thanks guys, it is gonna be a little while before I do the blow off, i just wanna get an idea about how hard it would be, Can I get all the parts I need from forwardmotion.com? minus the blow off components, Just the hoses etc.?

Quick Reply: Blow off