Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Mac vs PC

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mac vs PC

ORIGINAL: neoncrazy101

I do movies and photography (just for fun) and the Mac is by far better than my PC for making the videos and editing the photos and such.
Having done a bit of video editing and a lot of photo editing on my desktop PC has no problem with it either. I recently built my friend an editing/rendering machine with a few extras thrown in for gaming and it's absolutely ridiculous. He's an Electronic Media and Arts major, he did look at a mac pro but after I told him I could build it cheaper and it would render faster he went for the PC

Before someone says I'm a mac hater I should say I just ordered one

Old 06-23-2008, 12:21 AM
marchant
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mac's and Pc's are both good computers. However, all things set aside, the PC is usually going to win in comparison's due to the fact that it's been more widely used for a much longer time and has more available for it.

Having said that, Mac's have become an electronic status symbol in an aspect as for they are the new fad in electronics following the release of the unbeatable iPod technology.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:38 PM
SlantedSwinger

If you are considering buying a new Intel Mac (they are all Intel now) then your question is pointless. Mac is better than Pee Cee hands down without a doubt. Why? Because not only can you run the worlds most stable operating system Mac OS10.5 Leopard but you can run Windows Vista or XP either through Mac's free software named "bootcamp" or by installing a third party app like Parallels or VM Fusionware. Then you can run Windows simultaneously with the Mac OS. The best part is Macs run Windows better than Pee Cees run Windows, it is a fact that has been proven over and over again. Also if the Windows side of your new Mac gets infected by a virus the Mac side will continue to run unaffected. So really, there is no contest here on which is better. Mac has the most stable operating system in the world and for the rare times when you have to run Pee Cee only software just switch to Windows in Bootcamp, Parallels or a similar program and you will have the best running Pee Cee you've ever used. So it really just boils down to price. Not that Macs are overpriced, they are competitive with other high quality computers, there just isn't a such thing as a cheap mac like there are cheap Pee Cees, such as an Acer.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:10 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

So I'm an idiot, got my Macbook Pro three days ago, went to install xp with bootcamp today, and wiped out OS X. This is what I get for being so used to installing windows that I just hit enter without reading at all the prompts. On a side note, absolutely loved it so far, I guess now I can see how good their recovery is.

Still kicking myself, I figured you guys could use a good laugh though.

Old 07-16-2008, 07:33 PM
mb18
Record Breaker

I bought a MBP a few months ago...wow, it's awesome. I'm still learning a lot about it, but it's, by far, the best computer I've ever owned. Let me say, though, that I'm a web designer, and it's definitely geared towards what I do with it everyday. My old PC just couldn't handle CS3...and working on web sites was taking forever. I'm sure I could've done the same thing on a new PC, but I hate Vista.

Congrats, Rich, on your new toy!

Old 07-16-2008, 07:45 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

I just laugh at all the people who say they have problems with Vista......

Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

I'll eventually be putting vista on the MBP to run in VMWare if I can actually find my disc, I have no idea what I did with it. On a happier note I did go to an apple service center today and get OS X installed on it, turns out my restore CD was corrupted, apple is mailing me a new one. Until then I do have it running although they had to install the retail version so it is missing some of the MBP specific stuff and the iLife software.

From 3 days of using it I will say it sure seems like Microsoft lifted a lot of the ideas I liked in Vista from OS X, I found it rather amusing how similar some stuff is. I don't hate Vista but I do think I may like Mac OS better for everyday use. Either one is a pretty good OS (Long as you don't get Vista Home...)

Old 07-31-2008, 04:50 PM
kutz420
Professional

I hate the gaming argument. Buy an xbox and play games on a 65 inch high def tv. I think a keyboard and mouse sux for game control.
And yes pcs have more software, but more than half of it is absolute garbage.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:11 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: kutz420

I hate the gaming argument. Buy an xbox and play games on a 65 inch high def tv. I think a keyboard and mouse sux for game control.
You apparently dont know much about PC gaming then......

Old 08-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Altair
Dak attack!

ORIGINAL: kutz420

I have to ask, do you play any first person shooters? There's absolutely no comparison between a mouse and a thumbstick for those, thumbstick loses hands down.