Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!
View Poll Results: A poll
Custom Titles
88.89%
Regular Titles
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Custom Titles

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 11:12 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Titles

Just curious Amanda if this would be possible and what everyone thought about it. What if we could have custom titles? The thing right below your username, mine for example is "Rare Car Collector". I think if we had a cutom title, then that would give us our own uniqueness or whatever....plus it would be cool [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif][sm=vader1.gif] Thoughts?

-Matt-

Old 02-10-2005, 12:23 AM
Fiddle Player
Champion
Default RE: Custom Titles

I think that would be neat! Something like your own personal signature or nickname

Old 02-10-2005, 04:00 AM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

Oh yeah, I agree, that might be a cool idea.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:36 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

we had that at 2g....and at cloudcars...and it became a problem with people finding sublte ways to flame and create problems via their title. i would guess that is part of the reason...plus the fact that She has been very busy...

Old 02-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Vader
Champion

I like it.

Vader

"Dark Lord of Dodge"

Old 02-10-2005, 12:21 PM
Snafu

I like it. Would have to have some very rigid guidelines as to what is acceptable. I could see it being a nice 'perk' for a paid memebership if we ever do that. I know I mentioned it a while ago and Amanda was considering it. I know she's been busy though.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:28 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

then you have people putting stuff like..

"snafu takes the hog" ( )

thats the kind of stuff that happened at 2g...it just turned into a flame war...it becomes more work for Amanda and the moderators...and while i have more than enough free time on my hands to babysit flammers..she doesnt...the same reason, from my point of view, goes for this "paid members only sex talk section"...it will just turn into a problem, and more work for everyone..IMO...there are LOTS of places on the internet to talk about sex...

Old 02-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know you like it guys and gals... but then what's the point of the posting levels then? I also don't want it to turn into a flaming war, and it will happen. Has before on other sites.

And if I do it for you, I have to do it for 39 other auto forums... changing over 40,000 people's titles one by one to their custom idea of what's cool will be time consuming.

This has been brought up before and I think we have much cooler features to work on then custom titles. I'm sorry. it's not that I'm too busy, but that would be a time consuming project. Maybe it'll be a special feature for those who get over a certain amount of posts... ? What do you think about that?

~Amanda

Old 02-10-2005, 12:48 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think snafu's title would say, "brand loyal and lover of cats."

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 02-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Snafu

Patrick, I don't think you're giving the membership here much credit. The vast majority of active posters here, even the younger ones, are extremely mature and conciencous about the rules and about what they post. It is much different from every other forum I've been on, which is why I like it here so much.

I seriously doubt that a "paid member's forum" would turn into a sex talk section. Would still have the same basic rules as the rest of the pages, maybe slightly less strict on the language and smileys, but would still be governed by set rules. MOST of us are mature adults, and self control isn't a huge problem for the most part. Just thought it would be a cool incentive for people to purchase a membership or contribute to help pay for upgrades for the sight.

I see your point about having a lot of changes Amanda. But does DF have to have all the exact same features as all the other sights you guys own? Couldn't it be something that only DF has? I agree that you shouldn't have to monitor the titles, and I don't think you would have to. Again, the people here who would purchase a membership (if you went that route) are MOSTLY mature adults. I really think the flaming would be extremely rare.

That being said, how to I change Todd's title to "Brahead Extrordinare" and Patrick's to "Lord of the Hamsters"? [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: Custom Titles