Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Search Feature Not Working?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
TedEbear
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search Feature Not Working?

I've tried using the search function the last few days and it does not seem to be working. What's up?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:04 PM
giro

It's not just you. I've had the same problem. I think this is the second day. At least it made me quit lurking but I do most of my learning with the search feature. Hopefully things will be normal soon.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM
giro

It definitely changed for me a few days ago. Up until that point it was working flawlessly. My searches now get zero results and they are exact searches that returned many results a few days ago. I tried from another computer that was never on the site and did not log in to be sure it wasn't on my end and still didn't work. Even within this thread if I hit the "search this thread" button and type in the any word that's in this thread, (I used the word "function" from the 1st post in this thread) I get zero results.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:09 AM
giro

ericemery,
I went to the forum that I use (3rd Gen Ram) and hit the "search this forum" button and searched for a very common word (truck) and got 18 results. Usually I get zero results with less common words. I attached a screenshot of the results. Only 4 of the 18 results are from the forum that I searched. I tried the same search in quotations and got the same results. Like I said, everything was working great until about Tuesday and hasn't been right since, for me. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Attached Thumbnails Search Feature Not Working?-forum-search.jpg  
Old 10-16-2009, 02:41 PM
omanalansan
Rookie

I am too getting no results, did a search on "thermostat" in the 2nd generation ram

Old 10-17-2009, 11:15 PM
JayJayEl

This is my first post, just got a '98 Dakota today, registered here and search doesn't work. As a test, I tried searching the word Dakota in the 2nd gen Dakota section, got zero results.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:30 AM
mlbz420

also cannot search. tried several different terms. long and short. qoutes and no quotes.

mostly in the 2nd gen ram forum. tried general terms searching the entire forum and would get zero or 3-4 results.

Quick Reply: Search Feature Not Working?