Dodge Forum Site Issues and Suggestions Having an issue with the DF software? This is your section!

Windows Vista review from a DF member

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:16 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windows Vista review from a DF member

ORIGINAL: Dakota_24

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

ORIGINAL: ViperGTS

Vista is horrible. It's just like any other Windows out there that MicroSoft has offered, a load of errors and inevitable crashes. A better way is just to reload the original OS on your computer from the disk they might have provided to bring back the brand new PC that you once bought.
That's a moronic statement coming from an uninformed individual. Jeez man, go and learn something.

Vista is actually a very good OS. The problem? Most of the software programs out on the market are using outdated code, resulting in all the incompatibilities with Vista. Let's put it this way, most of the software out today is running on code that was modified to work for Windows 2000/XP from Windows 98/NT. Now, this software hasnt been forced to be rewritten and updated.

Vista however, is a true 32bit/64bit OS. XP was barely a 64bit OS, despite having a version available. Most of the software on the market is written in 16bit code. Makes it harder to use.

Has Microsoft made it harder for people to transition? I'd agree with that, but at some point you eventually have to go and do it.
No you have it backwards...VISTA was brought out too soon; thus didnt give other companies time to update their programs.
Wrong, most applications are in 16bit code and have been since basically Windows 95/98. The fact is, it's been 15 years and they should have at least made the switch to 32bit code by now....at the very least should have software ready to be pushed out in 32bit code. Windows XP was released with a 64bit version, and that was what....about 6 years ago?

I'm sorry, but I actually work in the computer field.....and I'll tell you straight up....most software companies only update their software every 4-5 years.....and most only do mini-updates for security or glitch fixes....they rarely release new versions just to be 32bit/64bit compatiable...

Why in the heck do you think virtually every PC product you buy will work on Windows 98, Windows NT, Windows 2000, & Windows XP? It's because its old, outdated code....

Quick Reply: Windows Vista review from a DF member