Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

Do I replace the thermostat?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:26 PM
davedwards
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I replace the thermostat?

1999 intrepid with 2.7 V6. Engine is running fine, no signs of overheating, but when my daughter drives it to school, in 15 minutes of highway speeds, it still is blowing cold air even with the heater set at the highest setting. Could this be the thermostat and if so, how difficult is it to replace? Thanks

Old 05-10-2007, 01:08 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Do I replace the thermostat?

The t-stat is stuck open, and yes I would replace it.I don't remember if it in the upper hose or lower. If it the lower then it will take some time to replace.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 PM
kurts2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do I replace the thermostat?

I'm having the same prob with my wifes trep, I don't think it's the thermostat because there is no cab heat, even with the temp gauge normal. If this is what you have, I have heard it could be an air blockage to the heater box and to bleed it with te car on an angle. I haven't tried, as I live in FL and am not too concerned! Good luck and let me know.
PS it can also be your climat control sensor, which control head do you have? At the top of the second gen fourm, there is a link called the holy grail. It is a tech manual, use it to find the self test procedure.

Quick Reply: Do I replace the thermostat?