Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Intrepid
Reload this Page >

How to open hood with busted cable ???

Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

How to open hood with busted cable ???

Old 07-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Checkmate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to open hood with busted cable ???

2000 intrepid hood latch cable busted...Now what?? How do I open this hood ? There seems to be NO way to get to the latch.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:40 PM
yiranhu
Default RE: How to open hood with busted cable ???

Can you reach that cable at all? If you strip off a little bit of the outside plastic covering on the cable and take a plier to grab the metal wire on the inside, you can just pull on it to get the latch to release. If you can't reach the cable at all, then you might be in trouble...

Old 08-15-2007, 06:28 PM
dodis
Default RE: How to open hood with busted cable ???

First post, been getting good info, now have some to post!

Our 99 had the cable-clip at the latch come loose so the entire cable just slid into the latch, wouldn't open. 350 miles from home, all I could find was a 6" pegboard hook (rod). I poked around inside the latch until I caught the lever the cable is attached to, and was able to trip it to get the hood open. A long thinscrewdriver should do as well. Couldn't see what I was doing, so I can't offer a better description.

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to open hood with busted cable ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: