Dodge Intrepid The sporty car that recently left the Dodge lineup, the Dodge Intrepid. With it's smooth look and comfortable ride, the Dodge Intrepid can still command attention.

93 Intrepid will not start...Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
afmangel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 93 Intrepid will not start...Please Help

Hello, I hope this may help you.
I have a 94' Dodge Intrepid, I too was having problems with mine and just now got it fixed. First I have a question. When you changed the cam sensor did you take the negative battery cable off? That is a must, I changed mine and it was cranking, but later that evening it started not starting again, so I changed the crankshaft sensor. My car is actually running rather well now. I have a Chilton repair manual for the 93' - 97' model. The cam sensor will give the give 54, but the crankshaft sensor gave the code 11. You can use a voltemeter to check your sensors. The voltage needs to be between 8-9.5. If it is lower than 8 or higher than 9.5 then there is a problem in the wiring or related components. It also says than you can reset the codes by turning the key on and off at least 50 times. That should reset them. If you have unhooked the negative cable you should also be getting a code of 12 and the code 55 is the end of the test.

Quick Reply: 93 Intrepid will not start...Please Help