Dodge Journey Dodge Journey forum for discussion on the popular Dodge Crossover and CUV.

2010 Journey R/T Stalls on Right Turns - Any Ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM
wjthomas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
I finally received my recall notice, too. I can only assume that the Dodge people must read these forums, too.

And if they do....YOU'RE WELCOME for my diagnosis.

We are also experiencing the brake issues. Now I can kill two birds with one stone at the dealer.

Well get it in as soon as you can like I said I had no brakes the other day at all. We took it in and they called a few hours later and saying it is all good the fuilds are all good. My husband said it has nothing to do with the fuilds and I all ready had it in 3 times and I want this fixed. The guy said he would talk to his manager and call us back as they could not find anything wrong. About 15 min later they called again and said they were going to replace the master cyclinder so we hope this fixes the problem, we do not have it back yet but as long as it is fixed they can take there time. Please do not let them tell you it is nothing as someone is going to get really hurt one day,
take care

Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 AM
wjthomas

Well we got our Journay back the other day, they put in a new master cyclinder and the brakes are better than when we bought it. ANYONE out there having the same problem with BRAKE FADE get in into the dealer and have it fixed. When we had it in she told us there are a few with this problem. We are happy it is fixed

Old 11-22-2011, 11:35 PM
kamamo@comcast.net

my car is in the shop at this very minute for stalling problems. I have a 2009 Journey and it started stalling in the summer of 2009. I called my service advisor and he was not sure what could have caused it. my car is 2 1/2 years old and has stalled a total of 7 times before it stalled on the freeway. scared me to death. It always starts right back up. I went into the dealer again and this time the new advisor wanted to run a diagnostic on it. Nothing. Gave me back the car and 4 days later it happened again after driving 2 miles. I was advised to not start the car and have it towed to the dealership hoping that some codes would still be in the computer. Nothing. This seems extremely dangerous because I lose all power steering and the only indicator lights are the few on the bottom like the mileage etc. Decided to check the internet and am amazed at how many people are having the same problem. Mine has never done it on right turns-never twice in one week and never in the winter until now.
one of the comments on the forum I read said to have the WIN Module replaced and it won't happen again. I will check this with the dealer tomorrow when I go to pick my car back up. Good luck with yours.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 AM
WhiskeyBravo

If your car has the electronic key, you may be experiencing the same issue I was. The first visit to the dealer was to install it. The second visit was to fix the newly installed key mechanism that was not rotating properly.

After getting the brake and "ignition switch/stalling" recalls resolved, we left the dealership with more issues: grinding noises. I put another post up about the noise here on DF. After a new power steering pump, alternator, water pump, tension bearing, short fuel rails, etc., it's still not resolved. The noise has gotten louder and more complex. It now has accompanying sounds - adding more depth to our driving experience. It's like going from a solo trumpet player to a quartet. Oh....but it's not the brakes or bearings that they just worked on.

I believe it's a race or bearing in the transmission.

I contacted Dodge about all my issues and they could care less. The best they could do is suggest another dealer to look at my POS. I will be looking into the lemon laws here in Jersey.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:02 PM
WhiskeyBravo
Default Final Update

I wanted to give everyone who was following this post my final update. Chrysler agreed to a vehicle buy-back under NJ Lemon Law. The Journey is finally off my driveway and out of my hair.

Thank you to everyone who was following this thread. Hopefully this thread will be a reference for others in the future.

Quick Reply: 2010 Journey R/T Stalls on Right Turns - Any Ideas?